Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Go ahead, make my day

The end of the school year is always crazy. I've just come to accept it. It's warm outside after months of snow, the classrooms are getting hot (my chocolate stash in melting in my cupboard) and it's time for end of level testing. Remember those? The dreaded 2-3 tests that try to capture everything you have learned that year. Long gone are the days of scan-trons and test booklets. Now, they are all on computers. So of course that means nothings works. Yesterday I took my students to the computer lab and the internet server kept kicking kids out in the middle of the test. The pages wouldn't refresh and it was very frustrating. And that was the first of 3 days of this. Yuck! Luckily today went a little better. After school I was hot, tired and had a headache from all the "Mrs. M my computer won't work!" Then I saw a fellow English teacher in the hallway. She asked if I wanted to know what was written on her shirt hiding underneath her jacket. I said yes and this is what she showed me:

No, this guy wasn't hiding under her t-shirt. It's what's on the shirt:I laughed so hard! I won't be offended if you don't think it's funny. Blake was less than amused when I told him last night. I guess that shows just how nerdy I actually am. It's like engineers who laugh at computer jokes and think they are so clever. I am a sucker for English jokes and this one was the best I'd seen in a long time. Oh how she made my day! And I totally want to buy one those shirts to wear on the day I introduce my poetry unit. On another happy note, I just found out that I was approved to get my Level 2 teaching license--which is a pretty big deal. It means I'm not a provisional teacher anymore and can be tenured. Not a bad way to end the day considering how it started!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

OK I laughed really hard too. I want one! I should find some history jokes. I can't say that I know any. We have 22 school days left here!

Hoenes Family said...

I only taught P.E. for one year, but I thought the end of the year was far worse than even Christmas time! CRAZY kids! Hang in there, almost done!

Ryanne said...

Congrats on the approval for your license, thats great!

Carolyn said...

I think that is hillarious. I should have majored in English.