Friday, May 21, 2010

Tid-Bits

Nothing very exciting is happening in our lives, but here are some tid-bits of what's going on:

Blake: I don't think I ever mentioned that Blake is finally out of his sling. He goes to physical therapy a few times a week and is making tons of improvement. He is dying to go fishing, so I'm sure when his arm is well enough, that's what he'll be doing most evenings. We are trying to plan a few fun family vacations together this summer.

Courtney: I am so ready for school to be done with! Next Friday I will be a free woman!
I walked into work on Wednesday and there was another teacher patrolling the hallways as the students mingled before the first bell rang. I smiled at the other teacher and this teacher all of a sudden makes a beeline towards me and says:
"You have got to start wearing different clothes"
How rude! I think to myself. But say, "why?"
"Because you look just like a student! As you were coming in I thought, 'hmm I don't know that girl. Then as you got closer I thought, 'oh yes I do, it's Courtney."(BTW, this other teacher's comment has nothing to do with me being ready for school to be over. I really like this other teacher and her comment made me laugh!)

Brooke: She pointed to her eye and said "eye" last night!! Another proud parent moment. She is also really good at signing "eat" to us when she is hungry. We have some fun summer activities coming up. A 2-week mom and me swim class and a 5-week kindermusic class. Plus I am going to attempt to take her to story time at the library. I figure a few structured things for us to do will help us both make the most out of our summer and keep us from becoming hermits. Brooke's hair is getting longer (finally) and I have started practicing my little girl hairstyling skills
Align CenterAs you can see, Brooke is not even remotely interested in me or the camera because she is watching a baby-einstein dvd. I've learned that if I want to style her hair, it's got to be while she's watching this show or while she is eating in her high chair. Otherwise she won't sit still long enough for me to do anything.
And for those of you who didn't believe that Brooke is obsessed with q-tips, here is a video to prove it. She's gotten into so many that we never know where they will show up!

and after all that struggling, Brooke finally did make it up into the chair. Here she is inspecting her most beloved object: a Q-tip
I feel the need to explain that it was Blake's day for watching Brooke so that explains the onsie and jeans.
Wish me luck as I try to survive the last week of school!

6 comments:

Kolbi Young said...

Good Luck!!! I wish I had a summer break from work :) I did last year, but maternity leave hardly feels like a break!

No need to explain the outfit. I swear, Tyler purposely tries to mismatch Ryker's outfits just to bug me. I even fold together outfits, shirt and pants to make it easier. I asked him why he feels the need to choose a shirt from one set and pants from another. He just smiled. Yep, I think he does it to bug me.....

Sarah said...

"You look just like a student" -- what a great compliment! I love it when people think I am younger than I am. What grade do you teach?

I had to laugh at your disclaimer for Brooke's clothes in the last picture. I am always tempted to do that when Spencer dresses the girls, but I usually just hope it is obvious. :)

Ryanne said...

The teachers comment is so funny after your post on clothing and dressing like the students! The video is great (I'm glad I can finally view them)! I love how Brooke would take a break from attempting to climb the chair to use her qtip, babies are so cute.

Nicole said...

Qtips! That cracks me up. At least she isn't putting them in her nose. Olivia is the only one of my kids to get things stuck in her nose. Next time you fly (like up here to Alaska hint hint) you can just bring a box of Qtips!

Hoenes Family said...

I didn't even notice the onesie and jeans! That is so hilarious. I love the q-tip video. Hooray for being almost done with school. That is so funny what that teacher said about you and the way you dress!

The Sugar Loaf said...

The Q-Tip thing is priceless. What a little friend. Don't you wonder what she is thinking when she smiles so sweetly at it. Oh man, if I could just get my hands on that little Girl. I am afraid I would squeeze her to death. So enjoy her for the summer. Swimming will be so much fun. I bet Mindy is doing the same thing. She always took her Kids swimming. We would take Christian and go with them. It was lots of fun.