Friday, May 28, 2010

Schoooool's Out For Summer!!

That was the song the administration played over the intercom as the last bus pulled away. Can I tell you how excited I am for summer? I definitely have a little more spring to my step today. It is such a great feeling knowing I can have some time to relax and enjoy the nice weather (if it ever decides to stick around). A student of mine left this farewell message on my board:
If you can't read it, it says "you rock are world"
A nice compliment, yes, but I couldn't help but cringe just a little. It was all I could do to not correct the student's spelling. It was the last day so I let them get away with it.

Oh Summer, I've missed you! Bring on the heat, swimming days, vacations, BBQs, and those warm summer nights!

And we also have Miss Brooke who loves her milk...
Every...last...
drop
She found an empty carton sitting on top of the garbage and decided there were still a few drops left. I had just barely thrown it away, so the "cuteness picture opportunity" ratio won out over the germy "you got that from the garbage" ratio.

10 comments:

The Sugar Loaf said...

Brooke may look like you but acts like her Dad. When did he teach her to do this? Oh my gosh, my worst nightmare with the boys.

The Sugar Loaf said...

You will miss some of those students huh. And some of them it is great to say "Have a good life." So proud of you Courtney for teaching this age group. It is a hard age with hormones raging and wanting to be independent. You do such a great job. They are fortunate to have you at VMS. Go tell Debbie that.

Sarah said...

Yay for summer! I miss the anticipation and thrill of the last day of school. What a sweet note from your students. I'm sure Sophie would love to help them with their spelling. :)

Carolyn said...

I love reading your perspective as a teacher. It always cracks me up to think about how happy the teachers are for summer. You DO rock are world! :)

Courtney said...

When I first saw the picture I thought it was a joke by the student because of your error wall.... Or something like that. I feel like a dork for not remembering. I even attempted to go through your old posts to prove I remember something like this. I am giving up after like 20 minutes.

I can't believe she is drinking out of the jug! Who did she see doing that??? :p

Hoenes Family said...

Love the milk jug pics. Hooray for summer! I am so happy you get a break!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Congrats you made it!!!

Sarah H. said...

YAY for summer! I am enjoying the warm weather of Fairbanks...but really wish AK had an outdoor pool to swim in! Hope it warms up soon...or maybe you'll have to move to Alaska.

Ryanne said...

The song made me think of the final results show of American Idol! You are going to have a great summer. The picture reminds me of how Blake likes milk with his pizza, she is so cute!

Kipp and Ashlee said...

So funny how we get that cringe when we see a word misspelled, right?? I would have had to fight the urge to make the error known to the student as well. Haha!