In an effort to make this more of a family journal, instead of just a Brooke journal, I wanted to post what Blake has been up to lately. He has been working so hard lately that he finally decided to take a day for himself. We all have spring fever, especially Blake's parents who recently returned home from a mission to Indonesia and are used to it being hot all year round. So Blake took his parents, and Lady, for a day on the river. I didn't get to go, but am excited to spend some time with Blake up on the mountains this summer. Blake fishes, I read a book, we both soak up some sun and get wet as we go through the rapids. It makes for a great day!
No, I can't even imagine taking Brooke on the river! She'll be left at home with grams and pinch while Blake and I enjoy a day to ourselves! And I won't be venturing out onto the river until it gets MUCH warmer :)
Thanks for the day Blake and thanks for the husband Courtney. Yes, it is now your turn-but wait maybe a few more weeks for the sunshine. The fishing is good though right now. But for Blake, it is always great. I think he caught about fifteen to my lousey one. But what a rush. I really don't like fishing for fear of getting the hook in its eye. But the rest of the experience is fun.
Come on Courtney it's not that bad to go in the river. Matt took me float tubing a few weeks ago at 7:00 in the morning. He stayed on the shore with our screaming kids. It was Great! It looks like they had a great time. That is a really pretty fish. That is so nice that you can leave Brooke with some one we usually have to drag ours along.
Tyler would be jealous!!! Especially of the fact that you'll accompany Blake :) But I do admit, reading a book on the shore would be fine with me. Especially sans child...BTW have you read Sarah's Key? Read it on our vacation and really enjoyed it...hard read (as far as content) but captivating.
10 comments:
That looks cold still. What does Brooke do? Does she fend for herself in the river with her life jacket on?
No, I can't even imagine taking Brooke on the river! She'll be left at home with grams and pinch while Blake and I enjoy a day to ourselves! And I won't be venturing out onto the river until it gets MUCH warmer :)
Wow that sounds soooo nice! What river do you go on?
Looks like Blake had a good time. It looks deceptively warm in the pictures too.
That looks like so much fun! I also have spring fever
Such a good wife to let them all go play! My mom called Kurt to brag up the fish she caught. She sounded so excited!
Thanks for the day Blake and thanks for the husband Courtney. Yes, it is now your turn-but wait maybe a few more weeks for the sunshine. The fishing is good though right now. But for Blake, it is always great. I think he caught about fifteen to my lousey one. But what a rush. I really don't like fishing for fear of getting the hook in its eye. But the rest of the experience is fun.
Come on Courtney it's not that bad to go in the river. Matt took me float tubing a few weeks ago at 7:00 in the morning. He stayed on the shore with our screaming kids. It was Great!
It looks like they had a great time. That is a really pretty fish. That is so nice that you can leave Brooke with some one we usually have to drag ours along.
So Fun! It makes me homesick!
Tyler would be jealous!!! Especially of the fact that you'll accompany Blake :) But I do admit, reading a book on the shore would be fine with me. Especially sans child...BTW have you read Sarah's Key? Read it on our vacation and really enjoyed it...hard read (as far as content) but captivating.
Post a Comment