Thursday, July 14, 2011

Some more of Summer

We have roses! I can't help that I am a flower nerd. I cut these rose bushes down in October because I thought "Oh roses are supposed to be hard and I don't want to deal with them" Apparently cutting them down is exactly what you are supposed to do because they grew and they are gorgeous!I learned on my trip from visiting with my mom and sis that Brooke does not like baths as near as much as she loves showers! So she calls her little pool in the backyard her tub.Blake gave her a piece of hose and she uses it to blow bubbles. Also, this swimsuit has since been retired. It's a 2T but since B. is so tall, it barely covers her tummy and Blake was not for that. She now wears a one piece and Blake is asking if we shorts to go over it because he still thinks it's immodest. Oh boy. Brooke, you have some major clothing battles ahead of you. But until then, enjoy your tub outside!
Can I also mention how much I am loving our yard? Brooke plays all afternoon and I can sit on the deck with my book in the shade and read the afternoons away! I love summer and it is going by way too fast!

5 comments:

Ryanne said...

That's my idea of a perfect day too, letting the kids play and reading. I am definitely a read-aholic; its my mini-vacation time :) Blake is a good dad to already care and pay attention to his little girl and what she's up to. Can't start to young :)

Kristin Wilkerson said...

She really is so stinkin' cute. And your roses beautiful too.

Sarah H. said...

Oh I would love a yard. I would also love to have warm enough weather to play in water.

The Sugar Loaf said...

Brooke and you know how to just relax and put life in true perspective. Yes, she has grown out of that swim suit. I can't believe how big she is. Your roses much prettier than some that are nurtured and tended too by master gardeners. Congratulations. By the way, how about playing on Sunday and Monday with us if you can?

Rileys said...

Man it must be in the Riley genes or something! Jesse is always driving the girls crazy over their swimwear. Wait until she is twelve, those talks do not go over so well:)