Saturday, September 17, 2011

Runnin'

I am behind on my posts. I left my soapbox post up too long :) And we have something exciting to look forward to on Monday--we're finally going to know what this little jellybean I'm carrying around is going to be! Any predictions? I will go on the record and say I have no idea. Sometimes I feel like it's definitely a girl and then other times I'm for sure it's a boy. Blake thinks that means we have another girl and a boy waiting to come to our family so maybe we're not done after all :)

Even though I'm behind, I'm going to start with the most current events. Toay was our town's first annual half-marathon. My MIL ran it and last night, Blake, who has not ran in months, decided he would run it with her. Pinch, Brooke and I were the cheerleaders. We stopped along the running points and waved, cheered, and Brooke loved giving high-fives!
Watching the runners go by
here they come!ready to five high-fives
all done! I didn't have the camera for the finish line, but have the cutest picture on my phone of Blake carrying Brooke across the finish line. Brooke was happy she got a fudge-sicle

6 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

That is so great! I wish I could just go run a half marathon with no training! I am excited for you to find out what you are having! Can't wait to hear! I hope you have another little girl, mostly because I have really loved having 2 little girls and don't know any different ;) Little boys are so fun to I am sure!

Our ABC Family said...

That's awesome!!! Love the pictures!

Fun with the Fenton's said...

Can't wait to find out what you're having!! So exciting!!

Nicole said...

did blake really finish? I don't see his medal. Crazy he just wanted to wake up and run that. So are you going to call me so I know what kind of fabric to buy to make this baby a quilt? (If that isn't a bribe, I don't know what is!)

Courtney said...

Nicole, of course I will call you! And Blake doesn't have a medal because technically he wasn't actually registered for the race, he just did it to run with his mom. Thats what happens when you just wake up and decide to run 13 miles. But he did finish! He is walking like an old man today! He drove to our neighbors house for a meeting because he's too sore to walk :)

The Sugar Loaf said...

Thanks our Cheerleaders. Because of your smiles, high fives, and riding the course we made it. And Blake, you are the Man. Thanks for the time together. That is what made the race enjoyable for me. Next year!