At least Brooke looked cute in her cupcake costume.
I had the idea of B. being a cupcake for Halloween when I saw one in the Pottery Barn fall catalogue. Sorry PB but I was not going to pay $65 for a costume. I was thinking it would be easy to make one (and by me, I mean my MIL and her sewing skills, not mine) then I found this costume on a super sale at Old Navy and my problem was solved.Any who--back to the party--H. had some fun games for the kids, like donut on a string...


And a fishing pond where Brooke got a prize..
As you can see the weather two weeks ago was quite warm. I'm sure all the kids were sweating to death inside their fleece costumes.
Skip ahead to this past Saturday (October 29) and Brooke and I went to the Pumpkin Festival. Brooke made a pumpkin lantern at H.'s house and it was set up on display at the festival.
There was also a kid's hay maze. Brooke loved it.
I attempted to do the pumpkin festival by myself which pretty much gave me an anxiety attack. There were TONS of people and Brooke did not want to stay in her stroller and I was paranoid about her getting lost/kidnapped. We zipped through the pumpkin exhibits, hit the hay maze and went home!On the other hand, we are super excited for trick-or-treating tonight! Brooke is going to have the time of her life!
1 comment:
You and Blake are so cute with Brooke. Her cupcake costume was the best. She looks so sweet and surely must love all the candy. Someday you may not get away with giving out her hard-earned trick-or-treat goodies. But until then, good thinking. Yes, in your neighborhood there must be skads of kids.
Post a Comment