Last weekend Blake, Brooke, and I were able to head up on the mountain for some family time and some camping. It was fun to get away from home and enjoy the beautiful autumn scenery. And what a difference last weekend was compared to our rainy/snowy weekend we are having right now! Blake's parents came up and spent some time with us and it was great to have them along (Thanks to Honey, we actually have pictures to document the trip!). We listened to conference, went on a drive, ate tinfoil dinners cooked in the fire, chased Brooke around our campsite while she looked for sticks, tried to creep up on birds, and went for a four-wheeler ride.
Hope we get to see more of autumn and not just jump right into winter. Right now all my late blooming flowers and tomatoes that have still been producing like crazy are covered in snow!
I always ripped the garden out over conference even if they looked like a few tomatoes could still grow. I know, what I wouldn't give for a home grown tomato now... And is that a camper I see you in? Very nice! Its the only way to go with kids!
The trees look gorgeous, although I hope we can enjoy them this month, before winter takes over - boo!
Loved your cooking story below - totally cracked me up. Ryker is often not hungry by the time dinner is served because snacks are the only thing to distract him while I cook. Although I'm a big fan of pink frosting and Lucky Charms for dinner too :)
Gorgeous! I am jealous you got to go :) Ty has been too busy hunting to go camping with us, besides the fact that we don't have a camper and our two person tent just won't cut it anymore. Good to see you today--you look so cute! Hope you guys have fun in SLC. Looking forward to a post about that and your Octoberfest.
8 comments:
Oh beautiful Autumn! How I miss it! What a fun camping trip. I love camping.
I always ripped the garden out over conference even if they looked like a few tomatoes could still grow. I know, what I wouldn't give for a home grown tomato now... And is that a camper I see you in? Very nice! Its the only way to go with kids!
Very pretty pictures! :) looks like you guys had fun! And I agree, I really hope we get to see a little bit more of Fall!
That sounds like a perfect weekend. I love the fall colors.
The trees look gorgeous, although I hope we can enjoy them this month, before winter takes over - boo!
Loved your cooking story below - totally cracked me up. Ryker is often not hungry by the time dinner is served because snacks are the only thing to distract him while I cook. Although I'm a big fan of pink frosting and Lucky Charms for dinner too :)
Beautiful pictures! I wish my regular legs looked like your pregnant legs. :)
Beautiful pictures! I also love Fall. What a great time of year!
Gorgeous! I am jealous you got to go :) Ty has been too busy hunting to go camping with us, besides the fact that we don't have a camper and our two person tent just won't cut it anymore. Good to see you today--you look so cute! Hope you guys have fun in SLC. Looking forward to a post about that and your Octoberfest.
Post a Comment