So Blake started off the season and he had a double party. One with his parents the Sunday before:
And one with just our family on Wednesday. Blake had to work that night, which also meant he'd be coming home at 6am Wednesday morning and sleeping most of the day. That didn't give us very much time to celebrate, and if you know me, you know that I like to make birthday's a big deal. I came up with a plan to surprise Blake when he woke up Wednesday afternoon:
And one with just our family on Wednesday. Blake had to work that night, which also meant he'd be coming home at 6am Wednesday morning and sleeping most of the day. That didn't give us very much time to celebrate, and if you know me, you know that I like to make birthday's a big deal. I came up with a plan to surprise Blake when he woke up Wednesday afternoon:reasons why I love him...one for each year
Blake loves artichokes! So every year he gets some on his birthday. Weird, I know. But he is the only one who likes to eat them and they are expensive, so once a year it is:
I hurried home from school that afternoon so we could be together. We ate a yummy garlic chicken pizza with artichoke hearts of course! Brooke picked out a present for Blake and she was excited to give it to him.
It was a chocolate fish...
Yeah, we pretty much let Brooke do all the unwrapping...
And the blowing out of the candles...
Notice how in this picture, Brooke has changed from her pants to a skirt and her puppy back-back.
Blake loves artichokes! So every year he gets some on his birthday. Weird, I know. But he is the only one who likes to eat them and they are expensive, so once a year it is:
I hurried home from school that afternoon so we could be together. We ate a yummy garlic chicken pizza with artichoke hearts of course! Brooke picked out a present for Blake and she was excited to give it to him.
It was a chocolate fish...
Yeah, we pretty much let Brooke do all the unwrapping...
And the blowing out of the candles...
Notice how in this picture, Brooke has changed from her pants to a skirt and her puppy back-back.Even though Blake had to work that night, we still managed to have a really good afternoon together. Love you, Blake! Happy Birthday!
6 comments:
our birthdays go together too.. but in the spring. thanks for your comment about Ryan. I will pass the ideas to his teacher.
The chocolate fish is adorable!! So what was in the bug box?
I feel your pain. From October to Dec we have 18 birthdays! Crazy!! I am just praying that I don't have this baby early and make it 19 birthdays instead of 18! In December alone we have 9! Where in the world did you find a chocolate fish!? Looks like he had a great birthday!
Sorry the video didn't work. It came up on my computer so I don't know what happened. If you really want to see it I posted it on facebook too.
My sister just had a baby November 2, so now we have a birthday in every month of the year in my family. It looks like Blake had a good birthday. I loved the fish.
Can you even contain your excitement for Brooke's birthday? She is going to have a ball this year!
You do have it rough in the birthday season.....I thought our June and December were busy, but they don't compare to your list -- Good luck!
Finally, Brooke looked adorable as a cupcake. So glad you all had such a good time. And especially loved the anecdote that clam chowder is a Halloween necessity. I decided Halloween is exhausting as it is, McDonalds will suffice :)
What a great idea to post love notes for each year. I do hope he lives up to them throughout his lifetime. You both are such a super example of love between two people. It makes me happy when you say Blake is your best friend. You are his too. Love you four!
Post a Comment