Friday, December 16, 2011

Miss December

I blinked and suddenly my baby girl is 3! How did that happen? And my oh my how she's grown: Leaving the hospital--2 days oldFirst Christmas--1 Week OldTwo Weeks Old (This is probably my favorite photo of Brooke as a baby--Thanks V!)One Year Old Two Years OldThree Years Old:

When you are a Miss December baby it is a party all month long! Birthday presents/cards have been coming since last week and with Christmas only a week way I'm not sure that Brooke understands that they are two separate holidays. We've been trying to tell her that Christmas is Jesus' birthday and she has been going around the house saying: "It's my happy day and it's Jesus' happy day--I'm going to say hi to him"



About Brooke: she is very independent and talkative. She can memorize songs and books like you wouldn't believe, she loves anything that sparkles or has to do with princesses. Everyday when we get home she has to take off her clothes and get into a dress so she can dance (she tells me that), she is also sensitive and will gives hugs to Blake or I if we are upset, sick, or hurt. The other night I said I wasn't feeling very well and she took my hand and had me lay down on the couch. Then she sat next to me with her book and "read" me a story.



It is so fun to see her grow and develop habits and interests. She is turning into a little girl more and more everyday. We love her so much and can't imagine life without her! Happy Birthday!

10 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

That dress is SOOOOO cute. Where did you get it!? We are going to have almost the same amount of spacing between our kiddos. You will have to let me know what you think of a three year gap. I am looking forward to it myself ;)

Courtney said...

Kali, I got it from the Carter's store back in September. It was on sale and I knew it would be a perfect Christmas dress. Brooke calls it her "twirly" dress. :)And I am definitely looking foward to a 3 year gap between kids!

Unknown said...

Brooke looks so pretty and grown up in her Christmas dress! I love that you did a picture by the Christmas tree. And yes, Jen does have a photography business. She is just starting one up. I will give you the info on Sunday. Happy Birthday to Brooke!

Sarah H. said...

I can't believe how fast time goes by... I already don't want Elliot to start growing... And he's not even a week old yet. Happy Birthday Brooke!!!

Nicole said...

I love how big she looks!! What a huge difference from last year to this year. Those chubby cheeks are disappearing! Happy Day to you Brooke!

Ryanne said...

Happy Birthday Brooke! It just seems like yesterday you were living down the street and we came and saw Brooke in the hospital. She is such a fun and pretty and grownup girl now.

The Sugar Loaf said...

Thanks for Brooke's grow up pictures. What wonderful memories of that little girl-even though we missed the first two years. She looks so beautiful in her Birthday/Christmas dress. Yes, she is very smart as she sings and recites the Pledge of Allegiance. We are so glad to have you Guys near. Thank you for the very fun birthday party for the big 3 year old. Love you all.

The Sugar Loaf said...

Just another comment-Brooke will always be there for you as you are hurt or sick. That's why children are so very special. They just know what to do!

Kolbi Young said...

Oh, you've got me all emotional with this post -- given that R is just six months behind B. Why do they have to get big so fast?

I do love Brooke's dress and tights. Little Christmas angel.

Merry Christmas to you all!

Carolyn said...

She's a cutie. She looks very grown up in those pictures.