Before I get to the weekend, I need to do a little catch up of our latest happenings:
Brooke and I built a house! For Christmas, cousin Amelia got Brooke this cardboard house that you color and then put together. This was something fun for us to do while Porter was sleeping. We'd put in a movie and sit on the floor and color away. I am a little anal, so the first thing that I had to let go of was any notion that the coloring was going to be "perfect" and to just let Brooke do her thing.
I think it's an understatement to say she loves it!
I think this speaks for itself:
Of course Brooke needed her picture taken too:
One time while Brooke was playing I hear her say: "I want to bare my testa-mommy.." I hurred and grabbed the video camera, and this is seriously the cutest thing ever! The best part is that I did not coach her on this! This is just her listening during church and soaking it in.
One time while Brooke was playing I hear her say: "I want to bare my testa-mommy.." I hurred and grabbed the video camera, and this is seriously the cutest thing ever! The best part is that I did not coach her on this! This is just her listening during church and soaking it in.For Easter this year Blake decided to take Brooke to Moab to his family get together. I thought about bringing Porter and going too, but then I thought about camping and getting up in the night with a 2 month old and decided against it. Good choice! The first two days were very windy and the nights were really cold. So instead, I just enjoyed some alone time with my little man:




After three nights of camping, Brooke's hair was in need of some TLC!
We waited until they came home Sunday afternoon to do her Easter basket:
Brooke's turtle craft she made today at preschool:






And took the opportunity to paint both of our bathrooms without a three year old "helper" around. I Don't have a before pic, but it was a creamy yellow color that was just nasty

Next on our list is to tile the floors.
Blake and Brooke's weekend in Moab:
We waited until they came home Sunday afternoon to do her Easter basket:

7 comments:
Can't believe how fast Porter is growing! Good for you for actually getting something done while Blake & Brooke were gone (the bathroom looks fabulous, by the way!). I think I would have just laid on the couch eating bonbons and watching chick flicks :)
Love the updates! Brooke's house is too cute! And the bathroom looks great! Your kids are too adorable! We need to get together again soon!
Brook's house is SOOO nice! What a great present - and time for you and Brook to work on together.
Her testa-mommy is absolutely darling. I think I've heard about the same thing from a little girl last month. It's amazing what they can soak in at such a young age.
Cute Porter pictures and Brooke pictures . . . glad you all had a good Easter weekend.
Porter's smiles are so cute, he is so sweet! I'm glad you all got to enjoy your Easter weekend and have fun with Brooke's basket when she got home.
Your kids are so cute! Porter is getting so big and he is darling!
I love little Porter's tongue sticking out! And, I bet that hair was not fun to comb out! Love the testa mommy. Very cute!
OK I FINALLY got on a computer! I can't leave comments from my phone or see the videos. So glad MOab was fun, but Brooke's hair is lucky she didn't have to get shaved! Holy cow. And you have been super busy lately too. POrter looks like such a sweetie. Love you guys.
Post a Comment