Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day and Other Stuff

This is what the kids made for each of their grandmas. I must say, it looked much cuter on the website where I got this idea. Porter wasn't very cooperative with his hand print, as you can tell by the white mess all over. I finally had to use his footprint.
 We introduced Porter to some new toys:


I heard Brooke making tons of racket in her room one afternoon during her nap and found her doing this:
 She piled all her blankets onto her footboard to make a saddle and was pretending she was riding a horse.
 And she was wearing a pair of Porter's socks...
 Brooke has been a great big sister so far. She asks all the time now to hold him and when she does she will pat his tummy like she is burping him. She is always by my side when I am changing him or putting him to bed and mimics me when he cries by saying, "It's okay, buddy, I know..." She was also excited to "play" with him.



 During this time, Brooke told me, "Porter is pulling my hair!" and "Porter, we don't push!" Then when he got fussy she said, "Mom, Porter doesn't want to play with me anymore!"
Porter loves blankets! He always tries to eat them and if he is fussy he will settle right down by stroking his check with a blanket. Blake also figured out that is a way to get him to eat. He was fighting me one day and wouldn't eat. Blake put a blanket up to his face and he started eating!


Mother's Day weekend, we spent some time at Danie's Summit Lodge and Restaraunt.

Flowers and tickets to see 'Wicked' from Blake and a tissue paper flower with a candy filled center from Brooke. As soon as Brooke gave it to me she immediately said, "I want some candy, let's share!" and Blake said, "yeah, I could have some candy." Isn't that the epitome of being a mother--getting a gift and then sharing it with everyone else? ;)


Love summer evenings!
  Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful, amazing women in my life!

7 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

That is funny he would eat with a blanket and not without! Maren loves to eat blankets too. Looks like you had really nice mother's day. Love the oven mitt idea. How do you manage to stay on top of your blog posts so good!? I am struggling!

Courtney said...

What a Sweetheart that big Sister of Porter's is. What a blessing to have her enjoy and be careful with her little Brother. And Porter is getting cuter and cuter if that is possible. His smile just melts your heart. I am so glad you share your time together with all of us. I love my cooking mit and know it will only be displayed not used. It is way cute. And Blake's flowers are beautiful. It was so thoughtful of you both to remember me on this special day. For it is a very special day to know you are a Mom to such wonderful Children and Grands. This picture of Blake and Brooke is priceless. Just talking about life. Love you all.

Courtney said...

The above comment was from my MIL :)

Cali said...

Wow Brooke has gotten so big! And Porter is adorable. Happy (late) Mother's Day, I hope you are well! :)

Sarah said...

Happy Mother's Day! It looks like Porter's personality is really starting to emerge, and Brooke is loving it. So sweet.

Ryanne said...

Brooke and Porter are going to be great friends! She is so grown up now, a real preschooler. Porter just gets cuter and cuter with every picture I see.

Our ABC Family said...

Sounds like you had an awesome day! And Brooke sounds like she is being a great big sister!