I am not sure exactly what we have been doing this last little bit (nothing too interesting), but the days sure go by quickly! Here is a recap of what we've been up to:
Blake: Working like crazy while having the waterskiing bug BAD! Not a good combination because days off that coincide with warm, non windy days are far and few these days. So instead, on his days off, Blake keeps busy by doing projects around the house. Isn't he a great guy?
He planted a new tree on this naked corner of our lawn that was in desperate need of some shade. When this bad boy gets big, hopefully our lawn won't burn anymore. Do you like how Blake is showing off his guns in the background? ;)
He's already been up on the mountain twice to get firewood for the coming winter. Once was just with BrookeThe next day we went up together as a family. As you can tell, I spent more time taking pictures than actually helping (just the way I like it). It was fun to be together as a family.
Blake poured some concrete. On either side of our deck were lava rocks. They looked nice (the red rock matched our house trim and deck perfectly) but weren't really ideal in the fall when leaves would get stuck in them since you can't really rake them. Plus it will be nice to have a spot for Brooke to draw with chalk in the backyard.
| We had some extra, so poured a spot for our garbage can. |
| Brooke leaving her mark |
| Porter leaving his mark |
| LOVE IT! |
I am drooling over this. Who would've thought I would get this excited about garage storage? And in this pic, there is a RUG in front of the shelves. What the heck? I don't know about you, but we actually park our car in the garage--hence the need for space saving storage.
Courtney:
I have been having way too much fun on pinterest getting ideas and trying out new recipes.
so far I've made:
- Leomon Sugar Cookies with Lemon Buttercream Frosting (so YUMMY and the sugar cookie recipe is a keeper! It is the lofthouse sugar cookie recipe.)
- This roasted red potato recipe--I needed something new to use up my 10lbs of red potatoes I got from my bountiful basket one week.
- Zuchinni Tots--again to use with stuff I got in my BB.
- 7-UP Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice--made this twice already, so good!
- Stawberry/Watermelon Lemonade--DELISH! Can't wait to do it again.
- Coconut Chieken Fingers--made this a couple of times. Love it, especially dipped in sweet chili sauce.
I've also been getting my craft on. A couple of my friends have these crafting groups they host every few months. It's been fun to get together with people more creative than I am so I can ask questions and bascially have them hold my hand while I get stuff made.
I loved doing this. Totally messed up a couple of times, but it turned out pretty cute.
I started following this housecleaning chart. It's doable without being overly obnoxious. I made a few slight changes to it, but I printed it out, hung it on my fridge and it's worked! I haven't been perfect at doing it due to some other things we've had going on, but at least I can look and see where I'm behind and do two of my chores in one day. Today I actually had to do three chores. It's just nice to see where I need to be during the week and not feel like I have to deep clean my house everyday.
Brooke: She is her same fun, silly self. Here she during her nap time...inside her toy box (laying on a bunch of stuffed animals), reading a book.
| Picnic lunch on the deck |
| chalk handprints on the door |
| One morning Brooke told me that she and Porter both needed their blankies |
Porter: I just did a big post about his recent accomplishments, but I did want to share this picture of him in his exersaucer.
It seems like just yesterday I was doing this with his big sister.
![]() |
| Do you think they look alike? |
| Telling me stories |
| Such a little stud in his church clothes :) |








6 comments:
You guys have been so busy! We need to get on the band wagon and start gathering firewood for winter as well, since we should finally have our fireplace ready! :) Your kids are just too darling!
That is so cute! It makes me miss Utah warm summers and I am so sad that I can't come down this summer! I really want our babies to meet!
That little Porter is the cutest little butterball around! That is some huge firewood Blake cut up! Way to keep him busy!! Loved the hand and foot prints in the cement. I am obsessed with hands and feet. I had fun reading Porter's 4 months stats. He is way ahead of Maren in the rolling department! She has rolled from her tummy to her back like 5 times is all. Taylor said "Shouldn't she be rolling by now?" I just laughed and said "She doesn't get much tummy time, without being nearly killed by her sisters." It is funny because Kenzi was crawling by 6 months! Maren is almost there and no where near it! Not that I want that- I don't. I will take little mobility for as long as I can because as soon as Maren becomes mobile I have a whole new adjustment headed my way! Loved Porter's 3 month pics! Oh and you asked me how do I keep the motivation? That answer is..... are you ready......? If I looked like you, I wouldn't need motivation. Looking in the mirror is motivation enough to lose weight. It is depressing! You look incredible!
Great post - it is fun to "see" the day-to-day stuff. I need to document more of this - I'm sure we'll enjoy looking back and remembering the days of two little munchkins and lists of house-to-dos :)
I have those lockers in our mud room and love them. In fact, I really like this design, with the two layers of hooks. I may have Tyler add the second row. I also have baskets in my top shelf, which makes it another good storage spot. One more thing - the wood stained seat is very smart....our is just painted all white and I'm constantly wiping the seat down from dust, dirt, etc...and ours is inside the house. I can only imagine what being in the garage would show. For reference, here's the link to my house photos (scroll down):
http://www.tyandkolbi.blogspot.com/2008/05/weve-moved.html
The finish work isn't nearly as pretty as what your example has, but the functionality can't be beat! Good luck with your project :)
I am still amazed by all the cute projects you do with such a young baby. You inspire me. :) I LOVE the shelving for the garage. I am going to have to keep that one in mind.
I'm finally catching up on blogs. thanks for all your comments. Ryan is doing better listening now that we've started our summer routine. the first couple days of transition were just hard. I've been doing tickets with the boys for a few months for the Ipad and DS. They are worth 15 minutes and they each have their own little egg timer (sometimes when they're not looking I set it for longer so I can get something done). They earn them by doing extra chores or worksheets. Sometimes if they're really good I say that was worth 5 tickets! they love it.
Post a Comment