Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Summertime Fun

3 guesses as to what we have been up to this summer. 
We have gone to the beach at the lake a couple of times. I have been so proud of Brooke and her swimming abilities. She is a little water dog.


 Getting dipped...




I couldn't resist adding this pic of Porter and Blake sleeping on the couch. It's kinda dark because I turned the flash off so it wouldn't wake them up. Love my boys!
We went on the boat again and this time it was a true family affair--we all got in and had a blast.

 Blake jumped off the tube and Brooke rode it all by herself:
 Then Blake coached Brooke as she swam from the tube all the way back to the boat. GO BROOKE!

I decided it was time to put away my wussy ways and attempt the wakeskate after taking a year's break. It took me several times to get up, but I finally did it!
Look, Ma! No bindings!
Brooke and I rode the tube together for a LONG time

 Blake said he would pay Brooke 5 oreos if she rode the wakeboard with him (Brooke standing between Blake's legs as he rode). It didn't really work out because Brooke's face kept getting assulted with water, but she still got her 5 oreos and was happy.
 My munchkins:


3 comments:

Nicole said...

Maybe this comment will work. I love that Brooke got paid in Oreos!! Awesome. And porter is still the cutest thing ever.

Kolbi Young said...

So funny - only a dad would squeeze baby's cheeks with their feet :)

Glad you're having so much fun boating this summer. Tyler grew up boating and truly misses the availability of a boat for quick trips to the lake. If we had a boat, we wouldn't be doing nearly as many day trip adventures. Although a dip in the lake would be much more refreshing these days....my ankles are perma-swollen - the joy of pregnancy during the summer :)

Sarah said...

Looks like you guys are officially experiencing summer. We are still waiting for it around here, so I am jealous. Such fun memories, though. I love the picture with Porter's feet on his cheeks. Adorable!