Monday, June 4, 2012

Newborn No More

My little guy went and got bigger! He is offically not a newborn anymore, which is kind of bittersweet. I miss my tiny baby but definitely do not miss the crazy feeding schedule and love that his personality is emerging more and more. I think it has also taken this long for me to figure out his likes/dislikes and personanlity quirks. For example, he loves to have a blankie rubbed against his face. He likes to sleep with a binky during naps, but not at bedtime.  He is my happy little, social bug. He loves to be wherever the family is and will give you the biggest smiles and baby babble if you stop to talk to him.
His 4 month stats are:
Weight: 14.8 lbs (50%)
Height: 25.5 (almost 80%)
  • He can roll onto his back from his tummy, and can almost go back the other way
  • Think Brooke is hilarious. She can always get him to giggle and give big smiles, he is also very aware of her--watching her all the time
  • He is getting so good at holding his head up and doesn't mind tummy time, especially now that he can roll over when he's tired of it.
  • Is still waking up around 3-4am to eat. I am thinking of starting him on rice cereal before bed to see if that helps keep him fuller.
  • Is going longer during the day between feedings, which is a nice break from the 2 hour feedings we've been doing.
  • And I just have to add that "boy parts" stress me out! I never worried with Brooke. With Porter I am always wondering if everything looks okay and am paranoid about infections.




Porter has mastered finding his hands and now it's on to his feet! He doesn't quite have the coordination or strength to catch them very often, but when he does, he automactially opens his mouth in hopes of getting a taste. Not quite there yet, but soon.


We took advantage of a warm, non-windy day and went out on the lake. Blake and Brooke were the only brave ones to get in. The water is still a tad too cold for my taste. 


Me: Brooke did you have fun on the lake today?
Brooke: Yeah. We didn't see any seahorses, though. But remember the shark?
...apparently it was a VERY exciting day....
Porter did awesome. He slept pretty much the whole time.

Looking forward to many more fun months ahead!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I think he is starting to look a little more like Brooke than he used to. You have adorable kids! And I just read your terrible customer service story. Doesn't that just drive you nuts?! I was very annoyed for you.