We had a very busy first week of July and were reunited with all sorts of family and friends. First Saturday-Tuesday Blake's siblings were in town to celebrate an early 4th with us. We had fun catching up, hanging out, laughing about playing Words with Friends with each other, quoting movies, and letting the kids enjoy some cousin time. Brooke was especially in heaven when her cousins dressed her up as a fairy princess and carted her around in their own little parade:
Tuesday night my dad and his wife made the drive from Arkansas to visit us. We love having them out to see us. It was their first time seeing Porter and they hadn't seen Brooke since last summer.
![]() |
| waiting for the parade to start |
![]() |
| fireworks time! |
![]() |
| Blake and Brooke kept busy waiting for fireworks by wrestling |
Brooke did so much better this year with the fireworks. It helped that we talked about how pretty and cool they were several days beforehand. We also talked about how they were loud, but not scary. We also sat in a field that was close by, but not right underneath so the noise wasn't so loud.
Besides 4th of July celebrations, we went swimming at the hotel and went to the dinosaur quarry before my dad and Carol left for home Friday morning. Friday morning I also made a trek out to visit my mom for a few days. Friday was spent recovering from the drive and eating at one of my favorite places: Bajio. Saturday my mom helped me take the kids swimming and I met up with my good friend Sandy, her husband Matt and their girls Monroe and Lochlan.
![]() |
| Brooke and Monroe |
![]() |
| Sandy and Lochlan, Me and Porter. |
it was so fun to catch up with everyone and see everyone's families.

















6 comments:
Sorry I have been behind. Now that I have an iphone, I literally go days without getting on the computer and am still trying to get an rss feed mapp to work. Glad you had a good time with your family & that the USU reunion went well!
I love this time of year - with lots of fun activities. Glad you were able to see your dad amidst all the festivities. You look great BTW, especially with the fam in your festive outfits :)
So funny about Brooke getting a ball for being good during the parade because the same thing happened to my Brooke, only she got a teddy bear! Ha! Thanks again for planning the reunion. It was so good to see everyone. Would you mind emailing that pic to me? Kalihoenes@gmail.com
What a fun and busy Fourth! Reunions with family and friends are the best. I love your friend's name choice for her little girl. We were actually thinking of using Lachlan if we had a boy this time.
Porter's 5-month-old pictures are adorable. I love his facial expressions!
Loved catching up on your summer. Porter is Beautiful! I can't wait to see you guys.
Sorry we missed it maybe now that we're closer we can catch the next one.
Post a Comment