Saturday, September 15, 2012

Ketchup with my Thoughts

I have had so many thoughts recently that I have wanted to write them. Some of them are random, but some I actuall want to record in our family journal. 
I have been thinking about socks lately. Both Brooke and Porter needed new socks for fall. While at the store I was wishing I had someone to talk to about the socks I saw:
  • Why would socks for 0-6mo need the rubber grippers on the bottom? Do you know any 0-6 month olds that can walk?
  • Porter now needs a bigger socks, and I was confused as to why the next size up in most brands is 6-18mo--doesn't that seem like an awfully big leap to you? I was happy when I found that Hanes makes a 6-12 mo size.
  • And Brooke, who usually hates socks, was happy when I bought her some fun pink, striped, polka dotted, flowery socks (they are sized 3-5 years...another big leap if you ask me).
I took Brooke one last time to the Splash Park over Labor Day weekend. We met some friends there and had the whole place to ourselves, it was awesome.

 Brooke and her friend, K. They are 9 months apart. K. planted a kiss on Brooke when she was 18mo. Can't wait to tease them about that when they are older ;)
Blake and Brooke reading before bed..
 Brooke started preschool. This is her second year since H. started in her preschool last year, even though she was technically too young.
 Porter doing yoga poses in his sleep...
 "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home! Glad as I can Be..." Blake is a good sport, he's getting his hair pulled by Porter and Brooke is jumping on his back, trying to ride him like a horse
I can't believe September has come and is almost gone. I am already a month into teaching again. I LOVE teaching half day. It's so nice to only teach 3 classes and then be home with the kids the rest of the day. The down side is paying for childcare on only half the salary I am used to. What a headache! I feel like I am getting close to the end of my teaching days, which will be sad because I do really love it so much. But, at some point, I am going to have to choose what is going to best for our family and I know that is me being in the home.

As Blake and I have gone through some recent struggles, I am so thankful for the blessings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know our struggles are small compared to others I know, but no matter how small or big, I know Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. This last little bit, I can honestly say that Blake and I have grown closer together and have really tried to focus on what's important: the Gospel, each other, our children, and living simply. We are excited for the change in seasons, and the focus on Christ the end of the year brings.

5 comments:

Ryanne said...

Your last posts have been so, so sweet. I love reading your blog. You and Blake are such good parents and we love you guys and wish we could still be neighbors! Brooke and Porter are as cute as can be. Hope you get to enjoy this fun time of year (fall leading into the holidays is my favorite time)

Cara said...

Whenever I read your blog I can't help but think how similar our lives are! Loved this post.

Carolyn said...

Great post! Hope you are well.

Kolbi Young said...

I know what you mean about the childcare situation....I'm still on maternity leave until Oct.22, but then I'll be working three days a week (30 hrs total). Before I was working four days, 36 hours, but only paying for one kid. Now paying for two, just two days a week (Tyler is home on Mondays), I will be paying almost the same amount for the two kids. But for me, I think it is worth it. I really like working. These last two months while I have been home have been hard. I feel like I'm spinning circles, without showing much for it. Feed baby, load of laundry, dishes, Ryker time, repeat. Maybe as the baby gets older it will be easier, or as Ryker adjusts more fully, he won't be as demanding. I just think for my sanity, working outside the home some during the week is better for us all. Thankfully, we have Pam who is wonderful and therefore, I don't have to worry about the childcare situation at all. So I can work and enjoy my time away from home, but feel somewhat refreshed when I do get home. I know there are some that don't have such opinions, but for us, now, it is what works. Now that I've written a novel :) I wish you the best of luck deciding what works best for your sweet family!!!

Unknown said...

Dude!!! So funny to see that picture of Porter because Milo does the exact same thing! Except he's awake and looks like he's kicking himself in the crotch.