Time slow down! As each monthly milestone passes, I am getting sadder and sadder that my baby is getting bigger and older. I don't want his first birthday to come! I am enjoying my smiley, chubby baby so much. He is now 7 months (I literally can't believe it). I am too lazy to make collages of all these pics, but had to include them all on the 'ol blog.
Blake's good friend Jason, and fellow hunting buddy, and his wife picked this outfit out for Porter. Blake has been itching for Porter to get big enough to wear it. Last week while I was working and Blake was watching the kids, he didn't hesitate to pull it out and try it on. I must admit, Porter looks adorable in his hunting outfit:
Gotta love the bum flap :)
At 7 months Porter is eating solids for 3 meals a day and is loving it. He has also mastered sitting up. He is still a little wobbly and we have to watch to make sure he doesn't suddenly take a head-dive into something hard. He is loving sitting and up and playing and watching. He will cry if a toy or something he wants is out of reach or if we take away something that he was playing with. He is still my early to bed baby (usually around 7pm) and early riser (around 5:00-5:30 to eat, then sleeps until 7-ish). He also takes about 3 naps during the day--which is nice and frustrating at the same time. Porter seems to be taking after his sister on the tiny feet department, which is funny after the fuss that was made when he was born and how long they were. He still fits onto his 3-6 month clothes and his church pants are actually 0-3 months (but i blame that on weird sizing)On Sunday Blake was trying to teach Porter how to crawl and I yelled, STOP IT! I am not ready for that yet. I can already tell that once Porter gets moving he will be on the go all the time. He is already so curious about everything and reaches and grabs everything he can get his chubby hands on! We will have to do some MAJOR baby-proofing.
This is what happens when the camera cord got too close...
Yummy grass...
Brooke and Porter got into their first "fight" the other day. Brooke had a paper that was ner nap (map) and Porter got ahold of it and put it in his mouth and ruined it. Brooke was mad, but then came up to Porter and said, "I'm sorry, bud, for getting mad" and gave him a kiss and said, "Mom, now we are friends again! I'm not mad anymore!"
Porter in real time:














4 comments:
love the video! and their getting in a fight. I can't believe he got so big and that I still have two sides of his quilt left to bind!! geez I just need to get with it.
He cannot be 7 months old! He kind of reminds me a tiny bit of Olivia's baby pictures. Maybe it's the eyes? Your kids are so cute!
Love the bum flap!! He is a cutie!
He is adorable, Courtney. I know, why does time have to fly by when their this little? Maybe I just wish they didn't change/grow so quickly their first year. I'm relishing it more this time because I know these days will be a blur of a memory. Glad you guys have had so much fun this summer. We thought about a drive in movie with Ryker, but had the same concerns you did. Glad it worked out and you ended the night with a happy family :) It's the times you try and suck too much fun out of an outing that everyone leaves in tears - ha!
Post a Comment