On August 18, we finally went to the drive-in as a family. I put off going all summer because I didn't think Brooke and Porter would do very well staying up that late. I envisioned a screaming baby and a toddler throwing a fit. But I was wrong. Brooke was so happy and excited to be in the back of the truck watching a movie, and Porter was content to sit in his carseat and sleep.
We got to the drive-in and played the matching game while we waited for the movies to start. We watched "Ice-Age 3" and ate popcorn and m&ms until we were stuffed. When the movie ended at 10:30 and everyone was still happy, I decided we should quit while we were ahead and not stay for the second movie.
Brooke loves her daddy:
Last Sunday, we found Brooke taking a nap on her bed laying this way (she woke up just as I took the picture)
I love this picture because 1) notice the way her stuffed animals are lined up on her pillow 2) she is wearing a ballet skirt, red tights and her church shoes, 3) she had made her bed and cleaned her room before she fell asleep.
Recent Brooke funnies:
- mom, my legs are tricky
- dad, guess what? I have two dinosaurs on my sholders. They're just little.
- her imaginary friends are the "little enstein" characters. Even though the titles means the characters from the show are "little thinkers", to Brooke that means they are really small. So whenever the little einsteins come out to play with Brooke, they are always pocket-sized.
Last Sunday, we went on a family hike to one of our favorite trails
Brooke is sad in this picture because she handed me a fistful of dead flowers she had carried the whole way. Apparently I was supposed to keep them and not just toss them to the side of the trail. oops.
On the way home, we stopped and Honey and Pinch's house for some S'mores and all was right in the world again :)
So long, Summer! Until next year!
















3 comments:
Ah yes, summer has been good to us this year. Thank you for the blog. So fun to see the activities of the C&B Co. You Guys have fit in great times between a busy schedule.
Just keep making memories for that is what lasts more than a clean house or too much work.
Love you all so much!
Oh man. I hear ya about the dead flowers. I always feel so bad tossing mine by the wayside (as I ALWAYS do). Then they feel bad :( But I don't want dirty smelly rotten flower petals all over my carpet! It's still summer here and will be for a couple months! I MISS FALL!
I am sad to see my baby grow up so quick too, I hate it! Especially with this being my last:( Looks like you guys have been having some fun, I love drive inn movies!
Post a Comment