Holy cow, where did summer go? I can't believe this is our last month of summer before heading straight into the fall/winter season. I am also down to my last three weeks of being at home before I go back to work. It's going to be quite the adjustment after being home for 6 months. Luckily, I was able to secure a half time teaching position this year. I will only be teaching 3 classes and I am really excited about that. Not sure if paying for daycare for two kids on a part-time salary will be worth it, though. Blake and I figured we'd give it a try this year and see how it goes. Luckily, we are in a position where working for me is not neccessary, but I do really enjoy it...so many parts of it: getting out of the house, interacting with my students and coworkers, being social, being creative with my lessons... and the extra income isn't bad either ;)
![]() |
| beautiful rainbow after a summer storm |
Brooke's imagination is in full swing. I love listening to her talk to imaginary friends and play pretend. She is really into playing doctor/vet right now. Here she is giving her puppy a checkup.

I think since Brooke was born, Blake has been living for this moment. We got Brooke her very first waterski. We've been waiting for Brooke to master swimming on her own before we tried this and finally she is ready! It's an easy ski for kids to use too. The ski rope goes from the boat to the bottom of the board. Brooke holds onto a different rope attached to the board and just leans back. Easy-peasy for little kids to learn on. Unfortunatly, at the end of her ride, Brooke got a huge face full of water and that scared her and she was reluctant to try again. There's always next time, right?
I do not lie when I say that Brooke and Porter are best friends. He adores her and Brooke loves talking and playing with him. She is always asking me to put Porter by her so they can laugh and play together.
And finally, my baby is six months old! He's turned into quite the little chunky monkey too.He is constantly moving and I love that this picture captures his blurry arms and legs.
So happy to be six months old!
Love those baby blues...
And this is probably my favorite photo ever! He is so cute with his hands tucked up under his face. Playing in the jumperoo is hard work ;)







1 comment:
You have great kiddos. I still think her waterskiing is awesome.
Post a Comment