This summer, Brooke was able to take an exploring dance class. It was a fun way for her to get out of the house for an organized activity. It was also a good lesson for Brooke in listening and following directions. She just had her final dance recital on Saturday so I put together all the pictures/videos I had taken of her this summer.
We were very fortunate to have older cousins send us their old leotards and tumbling outfits.
During warm-ups
The little girl in the orange is A. and she was Brooke's little friend during class. They were not the best listeners when paired together, so they were separated most of the time. (Is this a prediction for when Brooke starts school?)
The girls with their teacher, Miss M., at the end of class doing their "I did great!" cheer.
Outfit #2
Practicing cartwheels over the blocks with teacher, Miss D.
Back-bends
Ballet time!
Dance recital day! I knew the lighting in the gym would be crappy, so I took a lot of pictures outside
This is Brooke's "cute face" that they end with on one of her dances.
Go Red! Go White! Goooooo Utes! All Right!
Doing the "wheels on the bus" move
Doing another dance move:
Mermaid stretch:
Summersalt:
Short video of Brooke in class:
Brooke doing her cheer
During the first dance (see, I told you the lighting was crappy)
So proud of my dancing queen!
Our caboose..And Porter deserves some credit for being the best baby during the performance
I have the videos of Brooke's performances, she actually did SO GOOD! I was so proud of her.
To see Brooke's first dance to the chipmunks version of "Say Hey" click here
To see Brooke's second dance to "Fly to Your Heart" click here




























3 comments:
That looks like a very fun class! I especially loved her cheer at the end. What a cutie!
Loved Brooke! She is soooo big! I can't believe it. So I gather you got an iphone! Can you do face time? call me on it sometime! and porter is still the cutest thing ever. and I loved the girl dancing backwards in the first video. So sad at the end of the second video though. love you.
I can only imagine Nicole being surprised at how big Brooke is. I am with her often and everytime it seems those legs stretch taller. What a fun time for her to dance and sing. Yesterday I was sitting quietly with Porter outside (as he loves to watch his Sister swing and jump) and Brooke started singing a song I didn't know. She just sang away and I realized what a great little voice she has. Maybe dance and maybe singing-who knows what that Girl is doing to do. But what a fun Mom and Dad to give her the opportunities to grow and explore. And as for Porter, he is the best little Brother every!
Post a Comment