In the craziness of life, sometimes it's good to me to take a minute to remember some of the little things that make me smile. Life goes so quickly and I'll never have "today" again.
Someday...in the distant future Brooke and Porter will be riding in the car with earphones in and cell phones out not even acknowledging the existence of Blake and I.
Someday...in the near future Brooke and Porter will be riding in the car poking each other and driving us crazy with their fighting.
Today...they are riding in the car, and although Brooke is making the most obnoxious noise on earth, it makes Porter laugh his sweet baby laugh so Blake and I look at each other and smile and let it go on.
Someday...Brooke will fight us on doing her chores and Porter will not be her "best friend" as she says he is now.
Today...Brooke loves to help out. She sweeps, checks the mail, sets the table, wipes counters with a rag, and is eager to help Mom and Dad. She also is so, so good with Porter. Honestly, I don't know what I would do without her help sometimes.
Brooke reads Porter a story
I found them laughing behind the curtains
Someday...Brooke will want to wear name-brand clothing, earrings and makeup.
Today...she is happy to wear PJs, boots, and a silly hat. She pretty much changes into her PJs everyday when we come home from school. I have hidden her dress-up clothes because they are starting to get too small for her.
![]() |
| *LOVE* |
Laughing together when Porter was supposed to be taking a nap
Someday...Porter will be mobile. He'll be all over the house and be one step closer to being grown up and no longer my baby.
Today...I will be grateful that he is still (mostly) immobile, even though I don't think it's going to be for too much longer! Blake and I have a bet going that he'll be crawling by Thanksgiving. We'll see.
Someday...Brooke will realize the things of her imagination are not real. That magic will be gone.
Today...She things a simple fort made from blankets is her secret cave where she has a picnic of plastic food with her imaginary friends and a cardboard box is a boat for her and Porter to sail across the sea. And instead of complaining about the mess, I will jump right in and create the mess right along with her.
Someday...Blake and I will be alone in an empty house waiting for our kids and grandkids to come see us.
Today...we will enjoy the mess, the noise, and the craziness because time goes by way too fast!
Today, and always, I am thankful for my family!








5 comments:
Love this! So true, it goes by too fast!
Love this post. I had a moment of nostalgia last night when all three of my girls were laughing and playing together. I just thought, "How blessed I am." I haven't reached the name brand clothes yet, but I have reached the "I want to look pretty" stage. Image matters to Kenzi already. What am I in for!? Your kids are so cute. What a fun family you guys are. Wish we lived closer :(
What a great post! I think its good for us all to remember to live in the moment, because these moments don't last very long and will be over before we know it!
good post. sorry I'm so behind
What a cute post! Thanks for posting it and reminding me to not wish too much for the "someday's".
Post a Comment