Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Oh Christmas Tree 2012

The Saturday after Thanksgiving, everyone decided that they wanted to head up on the mountain to get a Christmas tree. This was great for us because cutting down our own tree has become on of our favorite traditions. The weather was beautiful and there was just a light dusting of snow on the mountain, which made it perfect for snowball fights and added to the festive atmosphere. We cut down 3 trees and then stopped to enjoy some great pulled pork sandwiches and cups of hot chocolate. It was a perfect day.

Last year, I distinctly remember saying to Blake, "Next year when we do this, I will have to sit in the car with the baby because it will be too cold." Haha! Looks like I was wrong!

 Finding the perfect tree:

 In this meadow, there was a random log that someone had carved out into a bench and then put some red flannel over it...Looks like the perfect spot to take a picture of grandkids...only 6 are missing

Steph and Kurt got a ginormous tree that we had to wrap and secure on top of their car
Cousin J. was awesome with Porter...she wore him in the backpack the rest of the day!
 Snowball fight!
Danielle vs Blake
everyone gang up on Blake!
Perfect spot for a game of pine-cone baseball!

 Of course when we got our tree home, the kids were eager to help us set it up :)





Bring on Christmas, we're ready!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

What a fun tradition and I bet your house smells so good! Our little fake tree (that we bought during our Aggie Village days) is on its last leg and I keep playing with the idea of getting a real tree, if for no other reason than it would smell so good!

Our ABC Family said...

Sounds like an awesome day!!!