Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Cheer

***head over to my design blog for a fun, free printable to make your spirits bright!****

The holidays are in full swing at our house! Brooke asks every day if it's Christmas yet. I too am really excited for Christmas this year. It definitely gets better the older Brooke gets. Blake and I have also been trying to do teach Christmas the real reason we celebrate. Thanks to some great youtube videos about the nativity and a scripture a day advent calendar, we are succeeding (I think). This past Wednesday Santa came to our local library. My sitter L. braved saving us a spot in line with 5 kids in tow until I could meet her when I got off work. We were number 106. Brooke was very patient and was so happy when she finally got to meet the big guy.
Brooke asked for a new barbie dress and barbie shoes

Porter was just curious
 Also, with a new baby to celebrate with us this year, means some fun new decorations. I looked high and low for a baby's first Christmas ornament. I am very picky (like VERY) and after sifting through dozens of ornaments on different websites, I settled on this one. It has pics of Porter as a newborn, 3 mo, 6mo, 9mo, & his most recent pic.
 Then came the stocking search. Again, due to my pickiness it took me forever to choose. I don't want to be buying stockings every other year, so am looking for ones that will carry my kids through their adolescent years without looking too babyish. I found this one and loved it, but now realize that it doesn't really match the rest of our stockings and is by far bigger than Brooke's! When I went back to order a stocking for Brooke that was also monogrammed and was a similar style to Porter's they were all sold out. So that is top priority next year. I am also thinking about getting monogrammed ones for Blake and I. Should they say our names though or Mom and Dad?

 I have several nativities that I display throughout the house. This one is on my ladder shelf and is at a height that Brooke can reach, so it often gets played with. It makes me smile whenever I see the people rearranged.
 And finally, I made this NOEL sign at a craft day I had with some friends last Saturday. I love how it turned out.
Has anyone had any toy stresses this year? I am kicking myself that I didn't buy this doll accessory I really wanted to get for Brooke before Thanksgiving. Then, it was reasonably priced but I was holding out for a better deal. I went to look again and not only has the price shot through the roof, but most major relailors like amazon are sold out of it! ahhhh!!!

No comments: