Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Day at Sea & Going Home

Our fourth day was a day at sea. Those are always fun because it forces you to relax. You don't have to worry about getting off the boat or planning activities that day. I loved the adult only Serenity deck--perfect place to nap, read my book, get a little hot tubbin' in, and enjoy those ocean views.

Blake and I also played some miniature golf. I won!! I never do that--I even got two holes in one!

After mini-golf, we saw some amazing dolphin action. Seriously, it was the coolest thing I have ever seen: hundreds of dolphins saw (or felt, maybe) our cruise ship approaching and you could see them clear out in the horizon heading for our ship--wanting to show off and play in the waves. The video doesn't do it justice.





As it started to get dark, we even spotted a whale clear out in the ocean. Way cool!
We enjoyed the day by eating, eating, and more eating! We went to some shows on the boat and there were audience participation game shows throughout the day and evening that were fun to watch, too. It was a good ending to a good trip.
We enjoyed a nice breakfast with friends after we woke up on the 5th day, then packed our things and said goodbye to this vacation & headed back to reality.

2 comments:

Kolbi Young said...

It's been so fun reading about your adventures. I agree....vacations without kids are good for the soul (and marriage)! How did Porter do? We're going for 10 days in June (so Ruby will almost be one) and I'm already feeling a little anxious leaving her.

Also, I hope you one day give Mexico another shot. Ensenada is not good representation! I've cruised to other Mexican ports (in both Gulf of Mexico and Pacific) and have truly enjoyed those stops as much as the Caribbean islands :)

Glad you has such a good time!

Hoenes Family said...

I loved reading about your trip! That is great that you and Blake go on trips together every year. What a grand idea! Some day Taylor and I will follow suit! And some day I will blog again :)