Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Breath of Fresh Air

I had to do 3 posts today because it seems like every time I go to blog, I have tons of pictures I need upload. 

My kids have been trying my patience this week BIG TIME. Brooke is not listening, she is defiant, telling me "no" all the time, she hasn't wanted to get dressed in actual clothes for weeks now, I told her to go upstairs and get dressed and found her playing with toys in her underwear....Porter is teething again and when he is teething he gets a cold/cough and is just generally grumpy. Blake and I have some plans on Saturday, just the two of us, so looking forward to that is making this week especially drag.  And I think all of us have major cabin fever. The weather has been teasing us and all the snow in our front yard finally melted so we took advantage of the sun and relative warmth and headed outdoors.















Welcome Spring!

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

Our snow is finally almost melted! This has been such a long winter. It is no wonder you have spring fever! I didn't know Blake had a new job. Did I ever tell you that a guy in our ward knows Blake? His name is Joe Flake. I think they went to high school together. Great pics (as usual).

Hoenes Family said...

Hooray for Spring! Looks like you are putting your new camera to good use! Love all the action shots.

Sarah said...

It's Saturday! I hope you and Blake had an awesome time. (sans kids, right?)

Kolbi Young said...

Oh man, I feel your pain. This winter has been a killer - I keep daydreaming about warm summer nights and bare feet. It's coming...slowly, but surely.

Your kids are cute as always....even if they make us want to pull our hair out on some days :)

Ryanne said...

We definitely have spring fever here too and my kids misbehave more and sometimes I'm a little down. The weather is still teasing us but hopefully warmer days are around the corner. Looks like a fun time outside.

Mrs. Stephanie Finlayson said...

"I see moms who can so everything, and I think, I should have them so some stuff for me!" Just do the things that make you and your family happy...time together is what matters most.

Brooke, yeah, I have a tough one too. Hugs...touches. Try the marble in a jar reward. Good, she adds a marble. Naughty, she takes one out. Let her pick the prize (it doesn't need to be anything you need to buy either.) Give her a marble for EVERYTHING good...even playing by herself nice (you shouldn't have to keep her busy, kids should find their own fun without getting into trouble.) Make the jar small at first so that she sees the value in it. You might not want to do marbles with Porter around, your a smart gal, you'll come up with something similar.

Pray. I pray a lot.

Good luck! You are awesome for not giving in. Parenting isn't for whimps.