I love General Conference weekend. Even though it's kind of crazy with kids, it's just nice to stay home and enjoy listening to the talks. We don't subscribe to any TV channels, so we watched/listened to conference via our laptop, which is plugged in in the kitchen. The kids played at my feet during the Saturday sessions and I was able to do some spring cleaning and bake a huge batch of rolls.
reading with Brooke on Friday night:
Saturday:
Sunday we decided to head up on the mountain. The trail we wanted to walk along was a little over an hour's drive so we listened the morning session on the drive up and then ate our picnic lunch in the car to finish the session. Between sessions we walked a long the river.
| spotting a muskrat swimming in the river |
| getting tired |
| Hey! I'm over here! |
| a crane we saw along our walk |
We got back just in time to listen the last session of conference as we drove back home. It was so interesting to me as we listened that Brooke would pipe up and make a comment when she would hear words she knew like "Jesus" or "prophet". Listening to the leaders of our church is such a testimony builder for me. I love the men and women who put in so many hours to serve and lead the church. I found myself getting emotional during some talks--a snippet of a talk would just jump out and catch me off guard so unexpectedly; it was just a confirmation that these are inspired men and women and their messages are true. If you missed a session, or want to listen to some of the talks you can HERE.
6 comments:
I love conference weekend! We watch via internet as well. I am so grateful for the internet! I am also envious of your walk along the river! We have to travel very very far to reach places like that!
Sounds like you guys had a great weekend! I always look forward to conference, and we too watch it via the internet. Isn't technology great?! Love the pictures!!!
It looks like you had a great and memorable conference weekend. Glad it was so nice.
I love our current technology! It makes Conference so much easier with kids!
I second the reunion idea! I would love to meet Brooke's personality and Porter's cuddliness in person. Now we just need to find someone to plan it. ;)
Glad you all had a lovely weekend. I like the idea of driving during some of the session. Sometimes it's hard to stay attentive while keeping kiddos happy and quiet. At least in the car everyone is buckled and captive :)
Sometimes I can get more out of Conference when I'm not home, trying to get my kids to listen, or be quiet enough for me to listen! What a fun little hike!
Post a Comment