Oh this girl of mine! She is so sweet and adorable one minute and a complete terror the next. Sunday was not a good day for us. I ended up having to pull Brooke out of her primary class for being naughty for her teacher. I thought we would just have a quick time out, but no, Brooke proceeded to scream at the top of her lungs in the church and run away from me. She started crying hysterically so we just went home early. She had a nap at home, so maybe she was just tired?
These were taken a few weeks ago. I decided this year I wasn't going to spend money on a new Easter dress. Then, as I was digging around in some clothing that my SIL gave me, I found this dress. It was perfect and Brooke loves it.
Then, Brooke fell asleep at dinner later on in the week. This has never happened before and I thought it was hilarious.
Our little Lion King! Porter's personality is showing up big time. He is a little tease and is into everything! And, Blake and I, decided is actually fun to be around when he's not teething and grouchy 24/7. He has several teeth coming in right now, and I am praying we'll be done with teething for a while--or for good.
My cute boys all dressed for church (this was the week where Brooke had her meltdown) but these were taken before church when everyone was still in a good mood
Porter loves to walk, but can only do it if he is holding onto one of us. He just grins and laughs the whole time. You can tell he thinks he is such a big boy!
Porter plays with all of Brooke's little people accessories because he loves opening and closing the doors to the houses.
and it's amazing what an empty box can do. Brooke played in this for a long time. She also likes to play with her little bottles of nail-polish (she was given 5 bottles from a friend as a birthday gift) and pretends they are people and acts out stories with them. It makes me wonder why I spend money on real toys. It's not like she doesn't have a whole pile of princess figurines she could do that with.
I am on the summer break countdown! 5 weeks of school left to go!
4 comments:
I, too, sometimes wonder why we bother to buy toys at all. One of our kids' favorite things to do it build a fort out of blankets and chairs. They will play in there forever. We can't wait for summer, either!
I met your friend Andrea this past weekend when she came to Washington for a run/girls' weekend. It would be so fun if you could come with her next year!
What is it with kids and boxes!? The best part is, it is free! You can spend 100 bucks on a toy they love for a second, yet a box provides hours of entertainment! Gotta love it! I love your yellow necklace. I want one.
Such a cute post with great pictures! There's nothing cuter then a baby boy with a tie on, those are my favorite pictures of Connor at that age. You and Brooke both look so pretty in your picture together. I hope both your kids work through their crankies and next week is a better one at church.
Brooke is spunky but she is confident about what she wants and I'll bet that will serve her well later in life. You were so calm and collected about it all, I was impressed.
Post a Comment