Tuesday, June 4, 2013

10 Year Road Trip

Before I get started, I have to share these pics of these crazy girls driving around the streets of our neighborhood. It is hilarious to watch them and kind of sobering to think that one day they'll be driving for real. Hopefully their skills improve a bit by then!


Recently, Blake and I celebrated 10 years of marriage. Crazy because it doesn't feel that long at all to me. Some parts of our marriage seem like a dream to me and thinking about other parts make me wish we could go back--like living in our tiny married student apartment, that was probably one of the funnest times of my life (sans homework that is). We had big plans to celebrate this milestone, but we already did a pretty big trip in January (our cruise) and no one was going to be around to watch the kids overnight. So we decided just to take them with us. No one said traveling with kids was easy, but it was really fun to spend the time together as a family. We headed to Colorado where we stopped at Red Lobster for a seafood lunch. Then we did some shopping (a big treat for us since where we live offers none of the stores we like). After that, we checked into our hotel and hit the pool!









 After the pool we did some relaxing, got takeout for dinner to eat in the room and watched "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" on the TV. I don't know what it is about that movie, but it's timeless. I still loved it and Brooke liked it too. I think this movie is like "Home Alone" for me--just one of those shows that never gets old.


 We went for a walk down the cute streets of the town and found this splash pad.

The next day we went for walk along the river trail and stopped by a couple more fountains before heading home.
 Brooke is killing--I mean playing with a rollie pollie bug she found.

Happy 10 Years, babe!

the view from the top of the pass on our way home

2 comments:

Mrs. Stephanie Finlayson said...

Looks like you guys are starting out summer right...vacation! Next time you guys need a sitter, give us a call! My girls would love love love to have your kids up to play for a weekend.

Carolyn said...

Happy Anniversary! We just hit our 12th. It is funny that everyone told us that those first years of being in school would be the best-and I didn't believe them!