We haven't had an M. Family Oktober fest for several years. It used to be a big deal for the first few years that I was married to Blake. Childless, it was usually Blake and I's job to write and hide the clues for hayride/treasure hunt. By the time our kids came along, the tradition had kind of fizzled out (we did have one the year I was pregnant with Porter, but not all the adult kids and cousins came). This year it felt like old times. We were also celebrating the engagement of Blake's brother and had a shower for Di, our new sister in law!
The festivities started Friday night by the girls throwing Di a surprise shower while the boys went skeet shooting.
Saturday morning Blake shot his first bull elk. He was really excited and everyone was really happy for him and wanted to see it.
Crafts are always a big hit! The kids (even the teenage ones) all made their own monster t-shirts.Porter was always on the go and enjoyed the extra attention from cousins. Mom enjoyed the extra eyes to keep an on eye on him so I could visit with family.
Do you notice where Porter sits to "ride" the bike?
It was pretty much cousin soup in the hot tub all weeekend.
There was indeed a hayride/treasure hunt as per tradition, but since it fell during P's nap time, I stayed at the house while everyone else went. Brooke loved it and told me all about it when they got back.
We love spending time with family and can't wait until we see them again!
1 comment:
That weekend was awesome! I needed a good laugh that night...glad you were up for my strange sense of humor that night.
Post a Comment