Monday, October 7, 2013

More than a 1,000 Words

 Family pictures stress me out. With two young kids who don't like to listen, I am always convinced that we'll never get any good pictures out of a session. On top of that, the entire week before our pictures had been rainy. It looked like things were going to clear up--blue skies all day--then around 5:00pm, an hour before our session, it started pouring rain! I hadn't showered or curled Brooke's hair because I didn't want to go to all the trouble if our session was going to be cancelled. I called our photographer wondering what to do. She said to wait it out, because ya never know, it might just clear up in a minute or so. And it did! Insert mad-dash for mom to shower and coordinate what everyone was going to wear so we could get to our session on time.

For 30 blessed minutes, the skies were clear and the kids behaved (mostly). As soon as we packed up and were driving home big rain drops came splattering down and our HUGE hailstorm started. So glad we called it quits when we did!

And so thankful for Mindy Smith for her amazing skills! She captured our family perfectly These are worth so many more than a 1,000 words to me. I have to share my favorites, so bear with me, there are a lot of photos! But they were all just too good to not share them on here!






This one is my absolute favorite!




 Brooke is in the silly smile/ squinty eyes stage. I kept having to coach her, "No, Brooke, a real smile." She is also not the best listener. But she did great for these photos!


Mr P is always a busybody. He did not want to smile or sit still the entire session.




 Mom was doing silly dances behind the camera for this one:
I love getting pictures of Blake and I too. He's my strength and what holds our family together. I don't know what I'd do without him to help me, support me, or fix things around the house ;)






3 comments:

Kolbi Young said...

So many happy thoughts for you....
- Brooke looks ADORABLE! She really pulled out the stops for this shoot. I love her hair and her "real smile" :)
- My favorite is the same as yours. I think we need one just like it....but our big kid would need to be the one upside down - ha!
- You did so well on the clothing choices, I know how stressful that process can be!
- Finally, I agree with your sentiments about Blake in relation to my own thoughts. I still wonder how I did such a good job choosing such a good, good man at such a young age. How did I know exactly what I'd need in a spouse when I was still so naive about life?

These are perfect! So happy it was such a success!

Our ABC Family said...

Love, love, LOVE! They are so darling and all turned out so cute! I agree though, family pictures can be very stressful! I think my favorite was yours as well! Darling!

Nate and Danielle Family said...

Such a cute family! These pics turned out so good!