Monday, September 30, 2013

Little Mister and Missus

The Missus
Brooke recently made an "All About Me" poster for her preschool class and got to be the star of the week. She was so excited! (We will not talk about how mom forgot all about the poster and remembered at 6am the morning it was due). Some things on her poster were:
  • My name is Brooke and I am 4 and a half years old.
  • My favorite food is macaroni & cheese
  • My favorite color is purple
  • I don't have any pets but I wish I had a kitty
  • My favorite books are the Fancy Nancy series, Curious George sereis, and Mercy the Pig series by Kate DiCamillo
  • When I grow up I want to be a mommy and make muffins
  • I am best at coloring
  • My friends are Zurri, Addy, & Spencer
Brooke is a sweetheart and loves to color pictures for people. She also loves to help around the house and is great to help with Porter. She loves shows on PBS kids and Disney Junior. We love going to the library to check out books. 

Recently, we went on a long drive and Brooke fell asleep. When we got to our destination, Brooke was waking up and all of a sudden blurted out, "I did that when I was 3!" at the top of her lungs. Blake and I burst out laughing. I wonder what kind of dream she was having!

Brooke loves to be silly and sings and dances all around the house. She was very excited for her winter PJs.


The Mister
Porter is 20 months old! He jabbers all the time and loves to have you read to him. He LOVES his blankie and carries it everywhere with him. It's a big deal to detatch it from his death grip in the morning so I can get him dressed. He doesn't want to go anywhere without it. Sometimes he'll arrange it in a pile on the floor so he can just lay on it. He loves to wrestle with dad and play games. Last night Porter was trying to feed me a rock and I was saying "ew, yuck!" and he thought that was hilarious. We played that over and over and he was still laughing every time. Porter also likes to wear his shoes all the time. If he's not wearing them, he will bring them to me and try to sit in my lap so I'll put them on him. He also loves to be outside. He's getting interested in coloring (i.e. coloring the walls) so we have watch him really closely. Porter is our helper. He loves to put things away and knows just where everything goes. He's still our garbage disposal--eating everything and gets very upset if you are eating and he's not.

Not too long ago, Porter accidentally turned on the oven light and it surprised him. I think he thought he did sometime wrong because he ran away and was making some paniced sounds. He does this if he accidentally knocks something over too. It's cute. I love this stage where Porter is just curious about everything. I love watching him interact with life and discover things for the first time. He's a very busy boy who loves dirt, rocks (if you notice in the top picture he's holding a rock--that was the only way to keep him happy/still for pictures), and trucks, but he will settle down to snuggle with us. He's been giving hugs lately to everyone which is really sweet and cute. We sure love this sweet little boy he's turning into!

2 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

Love you new pics! They look great. I can totally relate to the 6 a.m. poster reminder! Like on Monday I realized Kenzi needed a moster costume for her hip hop performance that afternoon. You can guess what I did all day Monday! Haha!

Adrienne said...

Cute new pics. Good job on the running. I'm doing my first half in October but I am so slow I'll just be happy if i finish