Monday, September 16, 2013

Out & About Part1

I just realized I have some leftover pictures that I never posted. At the end of August, Blake decided to maximize the potential for storage space in our garage.
Then, we decided to purchase a decent food dehydrator. Blake likes to make his own jerky and we tried our hands at drying some fruit too. I am excited to use it to make my own fruit leather.



 Labor Day weekend, we were invited to spend the night at our friend's cabin about an hour and a half away from where we live. It was so pretty there and nice to just get away and relax.
Blake and Colby playing horseshoes
Brooke has such an active imagination. She didn't need toys or props to encourage her to go have an adventure all on her own! She loves the outdoors.

Melanie, S, and Brooke
Porter liked the outdoors, but didn't like that I kept keeping him away from the fire.


 After the kids went to bed, the couples stayed up late playing games. The next morning, our husbands left early to go fishing which meant Melanie and I were left to entertain the kids. Next time, we decided WE get to leave and the husbands have to stay with kids ;)

 I love this picture of S and Porter. They are only 3 weeks apart. And since Blake and Colby are childhood friends, these boys will most likely be seeing a lot of each other as they grow up. It will be fun to show this to them when they are older.



3 comments:

Ryanne said...

I bet the fruit is really tasty, I love dehydrated peaches. That will be nice to have.

Our ABC Family said...

I'm so jealous of your fancy dehydrator!!!! Sounds like you had a fun time at the cabin as well!

Hoenes Family said...

So jealous of your food dehydrator and your garage shelves!!! Love the great outdoors!