Sunday, November 24, 2013

Crafting Projects and Sibling Togetherness

This is a pretty random post, full of pictures that I found on my camera that just need to be posted. 

Over the summer I had Blake make me a ruler board so we can keep track of the kids' growth. Before, we'd been marking Brooke's height on her doorframe in her bedroom. Then we got thinking that we'll probably not stay in our house forever and wanted something portable. I saw this idea on pinterest and Blake is handy enough that he could make one for me way cheaper than what it costs to buy one. (It looks crooked in the pictures, but it's hanging straight, I swear!) It's been finished for a while, but we just barely got around to hanging it and then it took several more months for us to actually measure the kids and write on it. I think we're going to measure the kids twice a year.

We decided to hang it at the end of the hallway where the kids' bedrooms are. It's a hallway I walk by often, and if I catch the board out of the corner of my eye, it looks like someone's standing there and startles me for a minute.



 My kids follow me around the house like I'm going to disappear if they leave me alone for a second. It's pretty common to find them hanging out in our bedroom while I'm getting ready. It was cute one morning to see them on our bed waiting for me to come out of the bathroom.



 Mr. P is not sure if he can't make the jump to get off the bed or not.
 Then, finally, I made these yesterday at a crafting activity my MIL's ward was having. They are really easy and fun. It would make a perfect activity for kids on those cold, snowy days when going outside isn't an option. I also think this would be a great activity for my students to do when they finish their work early or are bouncing off the walls the few days before winter break. For a complete tutorial, click HERE.

Happy Turkey Day this week!

No comments: