The last week of October was Red Ribbon week at my school. We had several days of dressing up, but my favorite was crazy hair day. My inner child was thrilled to be able to do this:
The kids had a great time trick or treating Halloween night around our neighborhood. I am already plotting to throw the rest of Brooke's candy away.
Earlier in the week, Blake's parents had an early birthday dinner for him. Brooke decorated and placed the candles on his cake all by herself. She was so proud.
Then, November 2 was the real deal. I found some pictures of his 20th birthday and thought those were fun to look at. We look so little in them! I feel so blessed that I've been able to celebrate the last 10 birthdays with Blake.
Brooke doing the "heavy, heavy hangover" song that has become a tradition in our family
(Notice how there has been a wardrobe change for B. inbetween presents and cake)
2 comments:
LOVE your crazy hair! That is just what my girls are always wanting me to do to theirs on crazy hair day. Did you put a bottle underneath it? So fun!
Your hair was awesome! You are such a cool teacher.
Happy Birthday to Blake! I don't know about him, but I had a hard time turning 30. Basically accepting that I had really reached that point in my life and coming to terms with the differences between where I thought my life would be at that age and where it actually was. Once I did that, I was fine. :) And the following years weren't nearly as hard. Then again, I haven't reached 40 yet. ;)
Post a Comment