On December 17th, Brooke turned 6! I can't believe she's six years old. The night before her birthday Brooke said to me, "Mom, when I wake up I will stay in my room so you can surprise me." Truthfully, I wasn't planning on doing a surprise in the morning, but definitely knew she would be disappointed if I didn't have something for her to wake up too. I hung up some streamers and laid out a few presents and it made her day!
In the morning she opened a new pair of boots to wear to school and got her American Girl dolls and clothes. We scored big time with those. Earlier in the month we visited her older cousin, Jean, who was getting rid of her dolls and clothing and decided to give them for Brooke.
Before school, Brooke got to have a special daddy/daughter date at McDonalds (Porter can't wait for his birthday McDonald's trip now) and she got to bring cupcakes to school with her. After school, we ate tacos (her birthday request) and had a Frozen cake. There were also a few smaller presents from Mom and Dad, including a locket which Brooke has been asking for for months.
On December 19th the kindergarten kids didn't have school so it was the perfect day for a birthday party. We did a cooking party. The kids decorated crowns and aprons when they got there
She opened gifts from her friends...
Then we made homemade pizza and decorated cupcakes
Happy Birthday my sweet girl! I love you so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment