Monday, December 1, 2014

One Month Already!

I can't believe it's been a month since Grant arrived. It's gone by so fast and been kind of a whirlwind. Not only did we survive Brooke and Porter getting croupe, we survived Thanksgiving and are adjusting pretty well to our new normal. 

I remember when Porter was born being so annoyed that he wanted to eat so often as a newborn, that he wasn't sleeping through the night at 2 mo like Brooke did, that I was constantly glued to the couch nursing and couldn't go anywhere. I feel so guilty about that now. I wish I would have just enjoyed him and not cared so much. So with Grant, I vowed not to do that. I have no expectations for how the day is going to go and that helps. And actually, it's made our days go better. Middle of the night feedings aren't my favorite, but my attitude in waking up and seeing it more as a time to bond and snuggle helps. I feel more at peace with Grant and it's made this first month just really special.

Since Grant arrived, I've been determined to get one family photo of all 5 of us looking halfway decent. 




















No comments: