Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter 2015

 Easter this year was not only over Brooke's Spring Break from school, but it was conference weekend as well.The weather decided to turn chilly and windy so we had to cancel our plans to go hiking on Thursday. Instead we stayed close to home and the kids played with play-dough and were able to play with some friends that live nearby.
 We dyed Easter eggs Friday night. Brooke loves to do this. She loves the stickers and all the stuff that comes in our egg coloring kit. Porter, on the other hand, just wanted to drink the colored water (I think he thought it was punch). Porter was also disappointed that coloring the eggs didn't turn them into a treat. They still tasted like plain old eggs! Can you see Porter in the background of this picture? He's attempting to take his shirt or something, but it totally cracks me up! It's SO him!





 Saturday we went over to Blake's parents for the morning session of General Conference. The Easter Bunny came early in between sessions and hid some fun prizes for the kids in their yard. On Sunday, the Easter Bunny came to our house. We had an egg hunt in our yard and the kids got their baskets. Even Mr. G got one!
 Sunday afternoon we went for a family drive up on the mountain and listened to the conference talks on the radio. I love hearing all the messages at conference. This year, a lot of the talks were about marriage and strengthening the family. They were all so uplifting and helped me to strengthen my resolve to be a better wife and mother. I have many faults and am so impatient sometimes. I need to remember what is most important and slow down and just enjoy each day. I know I need to start now to help my children have good habits and a more Christ-centered home. I want my children to look back on their childhood and remember not only the fun things we did as a family, but also how our home felt--that is was safe and warm and a shelter from the influences of the world. The talks at conference have reminded me of these things. I am so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, who suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane for my sins and died on the cross only to be resurrected and bring light and hope to the world that overcoming sin and death is possible through Him. I love my family and I love my Savior!

No comments: