Wednesday, September 30, 2015

September Happenings

September was Porter's time to shine! He finally started preschool and was so excited for his big day. He loves playing with friends and I'm glad this gives him a break from mom and the house and some structured learning/playing time.


 The boys and I have been using the bike trailer a lot while Brooke's at school and the weather has been nice. Porter and Grant love it and I'm proud of myself for being able to make it up some pretty not steep hills throughout the neighborhood!
Brooke has gotten into the swing of things with school. She just brought home her first spelling list this week. Oh man, I am not used to homework and practicing spelling words each night...
 I went a little pumpkin crazy earlier this month. I made 4 loaves of pumpkin zucchini bread and a batch of pumpkin cookies. I love pumpkin!
 About a week ago we came home to find this little guy hiding in the corn stalks in our garden. I asked around if he belonged to anyone and even tried to give him away, but he was so cute and good natured we decided to keep him. Even though he's a "he" we named him Jasmin after the lion in the movie secondhand lions who also liked to hide cornstalks.
 Porter learned about the letter A at school and they made airline pilot hats. Porter thought he was the real deal.

 I watched my friend's baby one afternoon and it was so cute to see Grant and Ava interact.

 Grant really wanted to make it up the stairs to go after Ava, but couldn't quite do it.
 I missed women's conference because of Blake's work schedule. Then, my kids ended up getting sick with a stomach bug and we missed church. On Sunday while the kids lounged around the house, I was able to watch women's conference online and can some salsa using tomatoes, zucchini, onions, and peppers all homegrown!
 It's hunting season and we went on a family drive to look for some deer. We didn't spot any, but I could not resist taking this picture.



 Sometimes I get so caught up in taking pictures of the little boys that miss Brooke feels left out.
 Shameless selfies happen with I actually get ready for the day.
 I submitted one of Porter's funny stories to Parents Magazine and it was chosen to be published in the October issue! I was so excited. I also got a gift card to gymboree from them.
 Brooke was helping Porter learn his letters. She asked, "What letter is this?" Porter said "one" Then Brooke goes, "no, it's two. wait! I mean it's three!" I was laughing so hard. Do they actually learn anything at school?

No comments: