October started off pretty chilly and rainy, but we've been enjoying mild temperatures with lots of sun the last few weeks and I'm not complaining! The days where the air has a little crisp to it are my favorite! The leaves are changing and everything is vibrant with color. I know it won't be long before we're freezing and worrying about snowy road conditions, so I'm going to soak up as much of it as I can.
This time of year reminds me of a quote "Autumn teaches us that endings can be beautiful"
That quote has been on my mind lately as it is the one year anniversary of my father-in-law's passing. It's so crazy to think that a year has gone by. I still expect to see him walk through the door anytime we're over at Deena's house. We are adjusting to this new normal, but he left a huge void that will probably never be filled. We love remembering him and talking about him with our kids. We don't ever want them to forget their "Pinch" Even Grant, who really won't remember him, will see a picture of John and say "that's Pinch!"
We harvested the pumpkins from our garden
One pumpkin though it would try and grow through the tomato cage. That didn't work out very well.Blake gave Brooke her first driving lesson in the Razor. She was nervous at first, but did a mild dirt trail near our home and did a great job!
It was trick or treating at the library! Brooke was in school so just the boys and I went. This will be the last year for Porter to do it as he will be in full-day school next year.
Grant was more interested in eating his candy than taking pictures.
Porter's buddy Mason was there too.
No comments:
Post a Comment