Saturday, November 14, 2009

So Far...

I don't want to jinx myself, but so far things are going well. It's been nice going to work and knowing that I am not teaching yet. So far no lesson plans to prepare or homework to bring home and grade. Of course, that will come eventually, but for now it's nice to have a little break as our family adjusts to me working again. I love my visiting teacher L. who is watching Brooke. She is amazing and so far Brooke has had no problems being with her. What can I say? Things are just working out for us. I get up a little early so I can get ready and then Brooke wakes up at her normal time. I get her dressed, give her a bottle, and then we play for a while before I take her to L.'s house. School is close by so it's not a long drive to work. I pick Brooke up in the afternoon and she takes a little power nap for about 45 min right when we get home. This gives me time to unwind (my first day I was able to take a bath to relax) and yesterday it gave me time to start getting dinner ready before Brooke wakes up. Next week Blake is going to be able to watch Brooke 3 days in a row (and he is going to have dinner duty) and then the week of Thanksgiving, Brooke only has to go to L's house once. After Thanks giving, because of Blake's new schedule, Brooke will only have to be at L's house half days.

One funny story I need to share. So me and the other new teacher are just pulling students out of their classes to come down to a conference room to some reading tests. None of the students know us or really even know that we are new teachers or what the testing is for. So of course this has caused so many rumors to start about what the testing is all about. One boy yesterday goes, "So are we going to be in a commercial?" I had to hide my laughter and wanted so bad to play along, but I couldn't. All of students I've met so far have been great. They all struggle with reading in some way, but most of them still put forth their best effort and try hard. This makes me really excited to hopefully help them in some way.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Why yes. We are doing a commercial for Vernal. You know the new destination for vacationers everywhere. You will be used in shots showing the many activities available to tourists looking for that hot spot to go this summer. You may be seen hunting coyotes, falling on a wake board, recovering from stinging nettle, and chasing dogs out of ponds.

Oh wait. You already host the "hottest things to do in vernal" blog.

Good job your first days.

Courtney said...

Sounds AWESOME! I have a hard time believing that is all coincidental that this is working out.

Ryanne said...

It will be great for Blake and Brooke to have that time together. I'm glad everything is going smoothly and hope it continues.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Yours sister is good to keep track of all your doings!! I've been thinking about you all week. So glad things went well!!

Carolyn said...

Glad it is going so well. I'm sure you are going to keep doing awesome!

The Sugar Loaf said...

Congratulations, Courtney on your new job. VMS is a great place to work. The teachers are pretty nice except for Mr. Borton. Be sure and tell him I said that. I cannot imagine how you keep up but I know you will. Take good care and don't let those little Buggers get you down. Who is L?