The last party guest has left, I think all the toys have been fished out from under the couch, and Brooke's high chair has been completely washed from top to bottom. Blake has gone to run an errand, Brooke is passed out in her crib from over stimulation and I finally have a minute to catch my breath and record today's events. I've gotten teased by several people that we made too big a deal out of a first birthday because she won't remember it anyway. Even though that's true, I will remember it and I wanted it to be a good one. It by far exceeded my expectations.
For months now I have been feeling glum because we do not have any close family living by us. Plus, it's the middle of December so the weather is unpredictable for our out of town family to really brave the 3 hour trip. Throw in the hectic Christmas season and I was positive no one would be there to celebrate Brooke's milestone with us. But our wonderful friends came to the rescue! Everyone we invited (including Blake's cousin and her family) set aside the last Saturday before Christmas to be with us and celebrate Brooke's birthday.
The celebrations obviously started on Brooke's actual birthday (Dec. 17th) and she got to open her first present from Uncle Ben and Aunt Katie:
As soon and Brooke heard that whatever was inside the box made noise, she got so excited and started dancing. I'm so glad we got it on video:
She went right from her high chair into the bathtub!
Happy Birthday, Brooke!! And thank you to all of our friends and family who sent their love to her on her special day!
8 comments:
What a good mom you are! You really went to a lot of work. It sounds like it was all worth it! I am glad you had such great support, that really makes the difference.
Happy Birthday Brooke! Looks like you threw a great birthday party! Can't wait to see what her second birthday brings! ;-)
Yea!!! I knew you would come through with a good post for this event. For Carter's first birthday we were in Delaware, and we had a a huge friend party where Carter was the only child. I was just like you, I will remember his first birthday even if he didn't. We must have had pretty cool parents who always made our birthdays special and about US! to make us want to do the same for our kids.
Love that she got it in her hair. And loved her dancing to the music with her hand! She is so smart!
I loved the video...Brooke is so cute, I made Jed watch it because she is so cute when she is dancing to the music! Thanks for sharing the fun pictures!
Happy Birthday Brooke! My kids always love videos of her. I cannot believe she is already one! Holy cow, time flys! Enjoy it all, it goes way too fast.
She might not remember it, but she'll have fun looking at the pictures. Looks like it was lots of fun!
Too fun! Thanks again for inviting us, it was good to see you again and help you celebrate Brooke's b-day. We made a big deal out of Aaden's first birthday as well. Even though he doesn't remember it, we've shown him pictures and videos and he loves it and gets excited over it as well. I'm with you, It was important to me as a mom to celebrate it.
I love the pictures, you sure have a cute little girl!
We have watched the video of Brooke unwrapping her present so many times it will wear out. She is so funny the way she jigs and moves that hand to the music. She has musical potential for sure. Thank you so much for sending her birthday and Christmas pictures. How fun that little One is.
Post a Comment