Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Brooke is 19 months old. Crazy how time seems to go faster & faster. Here a few things she's been doing:

*Says "Do you see it?" all the time. We always ask Brooke if she sees things so she's copied our saying. When we went to Utah County this past weekend, we had to drive through a canyon where there are huge windmills. Brooke loved them. She kept saying pointing and saying "Do you see it?" over and over and then she'd say "whoa" and "wow"


*Is fearless when to comes to the park. Will climb up the stairs to the slide and go down the slide all by herself. She even learned how to climb up the slide the way the older kids do (climbing up the actual slide instead of using the stairs). It about gave me a heart attack when I thought she was happily playing at the bottom of the slide, looked up and all of a sudden she was climbing up to the top! Crazy girl.

*Is into everything now more than ever. Her new nickname is "Brooke the Destroyer"

*Has 8 teeth now with more on the way. And they never come in side by side either. They are always so random with huge spaces between them where her other teeth should be.

*Is starting to warm up to Gunner more and more. When Gunner is in the kennel Brooke likes to keep him company by throwing him rocks and feeding him her sippy cup through the chain link. Luckily, Gunner wasn't interested in sharing Brooke's drink.
*I swear she is getting taller everyday & is quickly growing out of her size 4/5 sandals.

*Helped me yesterday by unloading some of the silverware, piece by piece, from the dishwasher. It took forever, but she was so proud of herself for helping me.

*Blows kisses as part of our "goodbye" or "goodnight" routine

*This is such a fun, challenging age. I love watching Brooke grow and explore & try new things.

9 comments:

Sarah H. said...

She is at such a cute age! I think babies are cute...but they are so much cuter when they start talking and expressing their personality! She looks like she is getting big!

Hoenes Family said...

That is funny you call her Brooke the destroyer because that is what I call my Brooke! That is great she unloaded the dishwasher! I agree this age is so fun and challenging.

Unknown said...

Things happen and change so fast at that age! It really feels like they are growing right before your eyes. You are so good to have her help you start doing chores now! That is something I wish I would have started earlier.

Our ABC Family said...

They grow up way too fast! She sure is a cutie! :)

Air Force Blues said...

So cute! She is growing up sooo fast! Fearless at the park is good for them in learning and exploring. It makes the park so fun and such a great reward.

Ryanne said...

So cute! I can't wait to see her, she is growing so much.

Syme Family said...

Brooke is getting so big. I'll agree with you it is a fun age but very challenging. I remember that was the hardest stage for me with Robyn. Just into everything and they can't sit still for 2 sec. But they are exploring and learning new things all the time and that makes it a lot of fun.

Sarah said...

"A fun, challenging age" -- well said. It's exciting to watch their personality emerge and see the new skills they learn every day, but the growing independence, strong opinions, and emotional immaturity can wear you down. If they could articulate it, they would probably say the same. :)

We don't live too far from each other. Well, closer than we were. But I will admit I had to look at a map to find Vernal. :) What took you there? A job?

The Sugar Loaf said...

You can't beat a dog and a child. What a cute picture of Brooke and Gunner. You have to give Brooke the 'fearless' award. Gunner is so much bigger. Does he druel?