Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Zzzzaapp!!
On Monday during an afternoon storm Brooke and I were in the solarium at the front of the house watching the rain, lightening and listening to the thunder. All of sudden I heard this loud CRACK and a bright flash of light surrounding the house. After, there were some weird noises for about 30 seconds. I immediately call Blake and tell him "I think the house just got struck by lightening!!" He hurries home and we immediately check the house & yard to make sure nothing caught on fire. The strike didn't even knock out our power, but it did fry some of our electronics like VCR (can you even get a new one of those anymore?) and DVD player. We thought the computer was fried too because it wouldn't turn back on, but luckily seems to work now. There are a few other minor repairs that need to made, but thankfully everything in the house seems to be running fine. We are so thankful that things didn't turn out worse. A few gadgets here and there are easy to replace considering what could have happened. We are truly blessed and it's definitely never a dull moment around here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
okay, now that is really scary. One of my worst fears during Monsoon season is to get struck by lightning because I always feel that it is right above me! I am so glad you were all okay! Bummer about your DVD and VCR players!
wow. That is scary!
WOW! I bet that was really freaky. I'm glad it was nothing too serious. How did Brooke react?
Thank you so much for taking care of the place but I fear for your lives. Besides the broken window now the Zapper. What next-maybe a geyser on the front lawn of all the water sprinklers. You will be glad to say goodbye to the haunted house. So sorry all this is going on. Glad you are safe though. Take good care and we will be home soon to put a For Sale sign up. Just kidding.
"I was in the solarium with a candlestick and Mrs. Peacock..." ha ha. Your mention of your solarium sounded funny. So I am guessing that grams and pinch don't know about the sprinkler trouble earlier this season? She forgot to mention 2 dead dogs... and I get the sneaky feeling that For Sale sign is not a joke...;)
Wow, so scary! I'm glad you guys didn't get hurt. That is a fabulous one-up story for a party. :)
Why are there so many middle of the night thunderstorms in Vernal? They always wake me up and I was worry about something like this happening. Scary, but glad things weren't worse. Will the insurance cover the fried appliances?
Post a Comment