


Our first stop was the river, where apparently no one told the salmon it was time for them to head upstream. Oh well. Of course Brooke wanted to stop and play in the water so we did.She loved finding rocks to throw in. Then got a little more brave and came up to us saying "shoes? shoes?" Meaning she wanted us to take her shoes off. Now, I know my daughter and I knew she wasn't going to like the feeling of pebbles and the wet sand of the river. But I also knew she would bug us to death saying "shoes?" over and over so I gave in and took them off so she could wade in the water. This was Brooke's reaction to having her shoes off. Was I right or was I right? 

By that time we were ready to call it quits. But on our way home we saw a sign for Spirit Lake. Blake and I had both heard good things about this place, but had never been. The sign didn't say how far it was and we decided to chance it and go have a look for ourselves. Several times on our very long drive out to the lake we asked "Should we turn around? Is there even a lake out here?" But when we arrived it well worth the drive. It was gorgeous; this lake tucked away in this forest. There are even cabins you can rent. I think we will definitely be coming back here next summer for a stay.


6 comments:
that is awesome! I love finding cool spots. We found a great spot to camp along the UT/ID border a couple of years before we moved. But Cabins are even better.
And I love Brooke's reaction to her shoes! Classic.
That is a gorgeous lake! I love exploring!
That is so beautiful. Makes me miss Utah :( Such a beautiful place........... as long as it is not snowing! By the way, your favorite months, are also my favorite! I just decided that October is my favorite month of the year followed by December.
Way to be spontaneous! We took Ryker to the lake Sunday night and I forgot to dress him in his sandals instead of his sneakers. It was all I could do to keep him from walking right into the lake. Crazy kids!
Brooke is so funny! I like the outfit she has on too. What a neat spot; we've had those moments too of driving and driving and wondering what we'll come to. Definitely an adventure!
Courtney, you and Brooke and the lake is such a good picture. Thanks for enjoying the out=of=doors. There is no better place to be on a Sunday afternoon. No HT or VT's can show up when you are gone. Thanks for the photos! Let's rent cabins and go there next year. Maybe your family would like to come out and do this too.
Post a Comment