Blake's brother is now in our ward (well, soon to be ex-ward) and he has a little boy J. who is 3. J. and Brooke have a love/hate relationship. Either they are playing great together or both screaming at each other over a toy. J. is the nephew from the 4th of July who said "I hate that baby" regarding Brooke. Anway, I guess during nursery Brooke and J. both went for the same toy and J. got there first. Brooke started to cry and J. said "It's okay, you can ride on back." So Brooke hopped on and they both went for a ride! So cute!

Okay, now the reason for my title. During this whole process of redoing the inside of our house, Blake and I have gotten along amazingly well. I'm not sure if we could survive building a house from the ground up together, but so far this has been great. We have similar tastes when it comes to most things and with Blake's background of working construction he's been inside a lot of high end homes and knows what looks good and I (mostly) trust his opinion on things. The house has now been entirely painted from top to bottom-each and every single room. Including the soccer room which was freshly painted yesterday and is now a room fit for a princess (pictures to come). But aside from Brooke's room, which is pink, the rest of the house is a taupe color. It's good and neutral but I'll admit a little bland and boring. I don't think of myself as a taupe person. I feel I am bright and energetic, but am scared to death of painting my house a crazy shade of something I'll regret. That's why I need him:
I love "Color Splash" on HGTV and think he is a genius. I wish so badly he could come to my house and help me pick colors and carpet:
7 comments:
I'm definitely a neutral girl. I like adding color in accents, but those that you can change easily. And I pretty much hate/suck at painting....so I haven't ventured down that road yet (except for the chocolate brown wall in my living room). But I consider that pretty neutral too :)
I also think you'll like the darker carpet of the three you have laid out. We have a dark taupe carpet and it is great. Doesn't show all the spills and wear of a child. Once you get all your furniture situated, you can see if/where you might want to add splashes of color. Oh but I would love to have David Bromstad come to my house, too! When you figure out how, let me know too - okay?!!
You can see (kind of) my carpet in the link below:
http://tyandkolbi.blogspot.com/2008/05/weve-moved.html
He said, "I hate that baby."?? Oh my gosh that made me laugh so hard - kids are so funny. Looks like he's changed his mind since then though so that's good.
I painted our bedroom blue and it turned out way darker and bolder than I wanted it. I kind of wish I'd stuck with a more neutral color, because I know we'll have to paint over it whenever we move.
But the good news is it's just paint, and you can always change it to be brighter/bolder or neutral-er, any time you want. :) But I think your idea of using bright decorating is great, and it's so much fun to shop for cute pieces! It's going to be so cute! I hope you post pics, I can't wait to see! :)
You know how I feel about color. I had dark gray walls at one point you know... I do like neutral carpet. In fact I have a 12x6 area rug of almost exactly that color of the big swatch. I like the darker. I will help you pick colors! and I am so glad J loves the baby now.
At least your walls are toupe! Mine are white! I like the carpet you picked. I can't wait to see pictures of your house!!!
I had big dreams about painting when I finally had a house. Now I find I am a CHICKEN. I will leave the bland colors I have. Plus I find that if I got the guts to paint, I would want stuff to go with it. I dream of having a bright bohemian room. I have NO bright things. Money doesn't grow on trees right?!
Good luck! I like your carpet choice. I like colors like that for carpet because it hides the spills good. Even if I try my hardest to keep things out it doesn't always work. Like that one time I knocked those brown vitamin drops on the floor. I scrubbed it for weeks. :(
I think accent colors are great. Marci helped Kristin with her house and colors, and they are all pretty neutral but she has lime green accents that look amazing.
Whatever you choose, you will love it because it is yours. No wallpaper-doesn't that seem nice? Time to tear down at our house too. But promise, won't ask you to take one rip after all you have done to yours. Great job Kids. Proud of you both-three.
Post a Comment