My mom came out this weekend to help watch Brooke so Blake and I could be over working on the house. This week's project: wood floors! Our kitchen already has wood floors in it, but we wanted to extend them out and make a pathway from the kitchen to the front door that was also harwood. Here's a before picture:
We weren't fans of the fact that it was carpet all the way to the front door. This really isn't an "after" picture, more of a "mid-way" picture:
It's hard to tell, since we still don't have carpet, but everywhere there's black is where the hardwood will be. Carpet will be installed in the living room. The hardwood still needs to stained too.
While Blake was busy laying the floor, I was in the kitchen sanding the exsisting floors so we can stain it all together and so they will match. Sanding is no easy task!
This is me showing Blake that my hand is now crippled from gripping the sander all day long. I sanded for like 4 hours and only got this one little spot in the kitchen done. Sanding is going to be like pulling out carpet staples: not hard, but tedious and the whole time you have to keep telling yourself "won't this look great when it's all done?" They don't call is sweat equity for nothing!
10 comments:
yea! I knew you would have a new post up between sessions. I don't. Oh well. I am eating cinnamon rolls and giving extras to the people JaDee home teaches. Your floors are going to look awesome! You should go rent the great big sander so that it goes faster. Oh and where is your dust mask! you could get cancer breathing in all that old varnish! :)
Im excited to see the finished product!!! (as are you im sure!)
Yes, it will look fantastic when all is said and done for sure! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Man, you guys are working hard! From what I can see in the pictures, it looks great. I know what you mean about teething -- it lasts an eternity! At least the end is in sight. :)
I'm so glad your keeping up with the blog so I can see the progress! Good job guys...its looking great!!!
YAY!! That looks like a lot of fun! You need to get one of those huge buffers...and then just put sand paper on it...you'd be done in a second!! Good luck! It will look amazing when it is done!
Courtney, you are such an awesome wife. A lot of women would say, "You want me to do what?" And a lot of guys would hire it done and then complain about the finished product. So congratulations to both of you even though you most likely are so stiff and sore. Some weekend! I bet Monday was a tough day to roll out of bed and go to work.
Sorry little Munckins is sick. Thanks Elaine for coming to the Kids' rescue.
It looks beautiful. It will be so fun to have your own place and enjoy the quiet and peace. Not to worry about the furnace, the sprinkling system, the lightening zapping the computer and lights. Can we tell you how thankful we are for you. It probably would have honestly been cheaper to rent your own place than take care of ours. But oh how much fun we will have. Love you and take it easy. You do not need to be moved when we come home. So RELAX.
It will look great when you are done! Hopefully you could grip the chalk when Monday hit :)
My first thought was....why isn't she using one of those big sanders??? You tough woman, you! I'm impressed with your hard work. And it is good you are documenting the progress, because you will look back when it is all done and be even more grateful for the final product. Good luck!
Good job! Every project we start we realize after or inbetween that we did not get before or during pics. We got to get better. Wood floors is what we want to do as well. We have carpet in the dining room. Doesn't work to well with a kid.
Post a Comment