As always, we've had fun but busy past few days. Over the weekend Blake took a much needed and deserved break from working on our house to go hunting with his brother Chris. They didn't kill anything, but did see some wildlife and had a good time spending time together.
While Blake was a away, Brooke and I had a little fun of our own having a GDO (Girls Day Out). We watched 'Beauty and the Beast" while eating popcorn, then later in the afternoon while it was rainy and cold out we decorated pumpkin sugar cookies. Brooke has become quite my little helper and whether it's helping me dust, unload the dishwasher or make dinner, she is right by my side doing her own thing. Frosting cookies was no exception She wanted to be right in the action. Her attention span lasted almost long enough to frost one cookie, then she spent the rest of the time trying to sneak frosting and sprinkles out of the bowl to nibble on. 



This is her puckered lip face after she just took a huge lick of frosting
And finally, I was trying to capture Brooke dragging her horse around by its tail and saying "come on horsey, come on" She was taking it for a walk around the house doing this. But instead, I did coax her to say a couple of her animal noises.
And on Monday it was back to working on the house for Blake. He was able to get the wood floors stained and finished. They look gorgeous!! Before:

After:
While Blake was a away, Brooke and I had a little fun of our own having a GDO (Girls Day Out). We watched 'Beauty and the Beast" while eating popcorn, then later in the afternoon while it was rainy and cold out we decorated pumpkin sugar cookies. Brooke has become quite my little helper and whether it's helping me dust, unload the dishwasher or make dinner, she is right by my side doing her own thing. Frosting cookies was no exception She wanted to be right in the action. Her attention span lasted almost long enough to frost one cookie, then she spent the rest of the time trying to sneak frosting and sprinkles out of the bowl to nibble on. 
Look at her curly hair! Yep, it's too cute to cut.



This is her puckered lip face after she just took a huge lick of frosting
And finally, I was trying to capture Brooke dragging her horse around by its tail and saying "come on horsey, come on" She was taking it for a walk around the house doing this. But instead, I did coax her to say a couple of her animal noises.And on Monday it was back to working on the house for Blake. He was able to get the wood floors stained and finished. They look gorgeous!! Before:

After:
12 comments:
What a fun girls' day. Brooke is such a cute little helper.
Your floors look awesome, by the way. Good job!
Yes, Isabella's hair is red. Well, it's actually more of an auburn, but I swear it has gotten lighter in the past month.
Those are gorgeous floors!! And I love the pictures of Brooke, those are too cute!
I love baking cookies with the littles. They are so fun! I love your wood floors. Awesome work!
Wow the floor is beautiful!
I am loving the apron! You are such a fun mom to have a Girls Day Out. Nice wife too...letting Blake go hunting. Guys seriously need to get out and kill something or at least just get out...especially with their brothers! Floors look awesome. Can't wait for the home tour.
The floors look fabulous! And I really think you'll appreciate having them extend from the front door. Although you'll have to let me know how you end up cleaning them. I'm still at a loss for a way to sanitize mine without compromising wood/seal......
Tyler is headed to Altamont next weekend for the deer hunt.....so I think we may be making frosted sugar cookies, too! Yum! And I still don't get the whole hunting facination/addiction. Poor little Bambi's!
Those floors look amazing! Blake is so handy to have around. I love her little animal noises and the pictures in the apron are so cute! can't wait until you guys move in!! How soon for carpet?
The floors really do look amazing! Brooke is so smart! I love her animal noises.
You floors look so fantastic! I am so jealous! Looks like Brooke is on her way to being Betty Crocker! :)
your floors are awesome! working on the house never seems to end huh? i am obsessed with it and always have about nine projects i am wanting to do, but am too weak or need lots of help, so rob always ends up having to do them...:)
anyway, it looks like it's really coming along-- way excited to see pics of the house when you're done. also, thanks for the book rec.-- i really need a book right now.
What a darling little helper - love her apron!! It is so fun to have a helper in the kitchen . . . all three of my children LOVED to be in the kitchen helping with any meal or task. I miss seeing you, Blake and Brooke. We'll have to fit a trip in one of these days! :0)
Your floors look so amazing! How fun! I can't believe how fast our little girls are growing up. Brooke is so dang cute!
Post a Comment