Wednesday, October 27, 2010

We're In & They're Home!

It's been a crazy few days and our house looks like a disaster (that's why there will be no pics with this post) but all of our stuff has finally made it over to our new house & Blake's parents returned safely from their mission to Indonesia. We are so glad they are back. Brooke has been loving getting to know her grams and pinch (she's actually spending the whole day with them today) and it was awesome having all of Blake's family out this past weekend together. Although, I'm sure their backs are aching from moving 2 pianos over to our new place (I changed my mind on the first piano and had them switch it out). And our house being the disaster that it is, makes me even more glad we did all the changes to the house before we moved in. I couldn't handle any more craziness. Our goal is to have all the boxes unpacked & pictures up on the walls by this weekend. When the pictures are up, that's when it will feel like home to me. Brooke's room, our room and the kitchen are the only things completely unpacked but I feel like we need to live in the house for a bit before I can for sure say that's where I want things to permanently go. Moving is a crazy business. Between piles of boxes, trying to keep Brooke from "helping" me, plus all the responsibilities of work I just need a moment to catch my breath. And when I find my battery charger and camera cord I will post pictures!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

One of the first things we did was unbox all of our pictures. Then I sat them on the floor against the wall where I thought they were going to hang. Then one day I hung them all and it was amazing how much more unpacked it seemed we were. And getting them off the floor made everything cleaner too.

Hoenes Family said...

Can't wait to see all the pics! So great Blake's parents are back safe.

Our ABC Family said...

Can't wait to see it all as well! I'm so excited for you guys and for finally being in your house! When things settle down for you we will have to get together and catch up!

Sarah said...

"Moving is crazy business." Amen! I am glad you are finally getting settled.