*We are finally ready to order carpet. We got two different estimates and one of them is several hundred dollars cheaper than the other, but it's going to take 3-4 weeks before they can install it. That puts us around Oct. 28 or even possibly Nov. 5 if it takes the full 4 weeks. We are definitely not happy about that. Blake's parents are due back from their mission around Oct. 19th so it looks like we'll be roomies with them for a little while. Luckily they are being very gracious about us still living in their home and they are easy to get along with. Plus, I know Brooke will love getting to know her Grams and Pinch again. I am still hoping for a miracle and praying the carpet arrives early! We're just getting antsy to be in our own house.
*Blake has been sick. He came home early from work the other day because he was not feeling well. That is pretty rare for him, so I knew it was bad. It looks like round 2 of that nasty 24 hour bug.
*We've implemented the "naughty step" with Brooke. It's good that we are actually disciplining, but hard right now because she is really testing her limits on what she can/can't do that will get her in trouble--like biting.
Now for the Whoo's:
*Loving this rainy, fall weather. And when it clears up, it's the perfect temperature to play outside & wear cute tights with skirts
*Only 2 days of school next week & plans to meet a friend in SLC.
*Blake finally decided we should rent one of those big barrel sanders to sand the hardwood floors. That should be done by the end of the week and we'll be ready to stain. No more sanding on our hands and knees! Then we'll just be waiting on carpet. grrr.....
*Brooke sat on my lap the other night for like 45 minutes and just let me hold her and rock her and sing songs. I need more of those moments.
*Brooke's vocabulary continues to grow. She can repeat almost any simple word we say and has added "pretty, happy, watch, show, book, me, toes, house, home, I see you, What's that, do you see it? kitty, yeow (meow)" and much more to her list. It's so fun to watch her learn new things.
* She made some more cute crafts (and yes, I plan on taking pictures of everything! Putting it on the blog ensures that it will end up in our family journal I print at the end of the year).
She was so happy to wear her lady bug crown:
I am on the fence about what to do with her scraggly hair. To cut or not to cut? Most of the time her hair is pretty curly in the back, but mostly ends up looking like I never brush it, even though I do, it still looks like a big frizzy mess.
And my final whoo: I LOVE October!! Bring on the pumpkins, hay rides, corn mazes, spooky decorations, costumes, candy, and all that goes with it!
9 comments:
I love the ladybug hat, so cute! And can't wait to see you both next week. Good luck getting that carpet in!
Darn it that the carpet takes so long to get in, I know it's frustrating not to be able to move into your new house right away. I bet it's looking great and going to be so worth it, though! We're going up to SLC next week, too--hooray for fall break and the opportunity to get out of the basin for a few days! And I totally with you--rainy fall weather is the best. Can't wait till it's cold enough for hot chocolate. Just wish we had a starbucks--their hazlenut hot cocoa is the best.
Right before I read your question about what to do with her hair, I was thinking how long and cute Brooke's hair was looking! So I guess my vote is on not cutting it.
Cuddling with a toddler for 45 minutes is rare indeed. I love those moments, too. Neither of my girls are much for cuddling, so usually it only happens when they are sick. I guess it is the silver lining to being puked on. :)
Yay! I love Fall, too. Ah, sweater weather.
OK in the biting issue. BITE HER BACK! All of my kids got bit by me the first time they bit anyone. And they never bit again. except one time carter bit Scotty and I wasn't there so EmRee bit him. He learned really quick that when you bite a kid, a grown up gets to bite you and it hurts.
Stinky on the carpet. And is that Outlander book you are reading the one you are talking about?
PS- I had a feeling you would blog today!
PPS keep all crafts with or made from handprints. the rest take pictures, and have a goodbye party in your heart when you throw them in the trash.
I love these posts! I am happy to hear that you are renting a big sander...I don't want you to become physically disabled from sanding your hard wood floors.
Grams might not let Brooke leave so be prepared! At least there is a date set for all the projects! Can't wait to see all your hard work...and we are happy to help when in town so put us to work!
Sucks about the carpet! For several hundred dollars in savings it sounds like it might be worth the wait, but I would be totally antsy to move into my new house too! I'm excited for you to move in!
I responded to your comment about the book on my blog. :)
Is the naughty step different than the naughty stool/seat?
Love the art projects - and I don't know how you pick and choose what to keep. But I do like Nicole's suggestion, as it makes sense. But there must be some exceptions ;)
Finally, "Yay!" for the big sander!
Post a Comment